View Single Post
Floydianoise
08-03-2009, 04:34 PM

So I've skimmed through the other reviews for this show. It's sad to see so many write negative commentary about a TOOL show. Even more sad is that I agree with a lot of it.

I'm seen TOOL about ten times now. . . lost track. I missed them on the last tour due to a near-fatal ATV accident. Needless to say, I was doubly excited to them this time around. It was also the first show for my fiance. We had b;eeder-section seats but straight on with the stage, so it was actually a pretty nice view.

I'm hoping Maynard is just going through some kind of depressive phase that he'll come back out of in order that he be able to help TOOL kick ass again. Lots of people seem to say that Maynard should be replaced. TOOL would not be TOOL without Maynard. He's still a genius, but needs to get back to the form where he actually moves parts of his body in that writhing, convulsive way he always did.

Other than that, the lights and visuals were pretty incredible. The band played well. That drummer from Tweak Bird couldn't keep up with Danny at times, but a valiant effort.

Here's hoping they can come back together as a band. . .
Old 08-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #46
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.02.09 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

So I've skimmed through the other reviews for this show. It's sad to see so many write negative commentary about a TOOL show. Even more sad is that I agree with a lot of it.

I'm seen TOOL about ten times now. . . lost track. I missed them on the last tour due to a near-fatal ATV accident. Needless to say, I was doubly excited to them this time around. It was also the first show for my fiance. We had b;eeder-section seats but straight on with the stage, so it was actually a pretty nice view.

I'm hoping Maynard is just going through some kind of depressive phase that he'll come back out of in order that he be able to help TOOL kick ass again. Lots of people seem to say that Maynard should be replaced. TOOL would not be TOOL without Maynard. He's still a genius, but needs to get back to the form where he actually moves parts of his body in that writhing, convulsive way he always did.

Other than that, the lights and visuals were pretty incredible. The band played well. That drummer from Tweak Bird couldn't keep up with Danny at times, but a valiant effort.

Here's hoping they can come back together as a band. . .
OFFLINE |