View Single Post
Old 09-23-2003, 07:25 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
i'm fulla shit

yeah, i just threw that comment out there just for something different, you know? i guess you could say there is a set of allegorical levels for the song. my first comment concerned the first (most simplistic) level. maybe that's why tool is so great, you know? i listened to my crappy recording of aenima over and over again when i was junior high. back then, i always felt like i could relate to songs like third eye and pushit because i always thought they were simply saying that everyone should just wake up. of course, at the time I was a minority (a non-popular person, or simply a freak) so I was desperate for music to tell me that because i didn't care about pissing other people off, i was cool. now that i have discovered this wbesite, however, i have discovered that Freudian and Jungian theory can easily be observed in pushit. wow. not the tool that i thought about in younger years. whatever happened to those kids who thought tool was cool because they performed songs about transvestites and people getting fists shoved up their butts? idiots.

d-ral
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote