View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 12:13 PM   #120
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/18 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena

Danny is ALWAYS on point...a fucking juggernaut. Justin and Adam wailed during Schism. Maynard...you're 43 and your voice may drop at any moment...but you made me cry during 46 & 2!!! I have to say I miss the raw anger that they expressed during the early to late 90's on Undertow and Aenima...but as the vocalist put it..."Thats an emotion that has already been addressed." "I cannot continue to be angry forever...sure I get upset...I just deal with it in different forms." "If you want to hear that emotion...go by the records...its all in there."

You know what I have to say to that!!! "Teen angst just isn't cool anymore in your 40's."

This being my third show - St Paul, 01' and Chicago, earlier this year - did not hold a candle to the performance I witnessed just a few days ago...The band I saw 5 years ago is not the same group of guys...they're much balder, older, and KNOW how to put on an amazing spectacle for those who follow them...

The uncompromising quality of TOOL is that while their music may be held in high reguard because it is the end product that is their driving force for continuing to brand their lifestyle...they, in fact...live. They release an album every a 5 years...but you can bet that its going to be said with much more poise and authority than all of the other music that fills in those lengthy gaps.

Their music is something that carries such a savage level of emotion as it ebbs and flows from walk-up, to bridge, to chorus...Its like being part of a character in cinema. Yet the sheer fact that they are murderous in their efforts to preserve such a level of life in their sound is reason to be a guest in their reality.

From comedic, political satirists like Bill Hicks, to Deists like Thomas Paine and the Father of Psychoanalysis - Carl Jung, Sacred Geometry...Portishead...
This collective has opened my eyes to experiences I may have never known existed.

"Convince me of a soul where the mind had been examined whole."

Last edited by neotoma; 09-20-2006 at 02:44 PM..
OFFLINE |