Thread: the cradle
View Single Post
kether4602's Avatar kether4602
05-30-2006, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendere
i don't think anyone has mentioned this yet. i was driving and listening to "the pot" and heard the line "rob the grave to snow the cradle" and i thought "hm, the cradle?"as in the "cradle of civilization", as in the area between the tigris and euphrates, as in iraq? using the idea that "rob the grave" refers to the use of the 9/11 victims to justify the war on terrorism, there's a connection there; i don't know if i necessarily believe that the song is strictly about the president and the war, but i was wondering if anyone else caught this possible reference
damn, i've never thought of it that way. that sounds right on. although, i think he (MJK) touches on more than just 9/11 in this song. perhaps thats why you only brought up the one line.....:)
Old 05-30-2006, 11:20 PM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 12
Re: "the cradle" of civilization

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendere
i don't think anyone has mentioned this yet. i was driving and listening to "the pot" and heard the line "rob the grave to snow the cradle" and i thought "hm, the cradle?"as in the "cradle of civilization", as in the area between the tigris and euphrates, as in iraq? using the idea that "rob the grave" refers to the use of the 9/11 victims to justify the war on terrorism, there's a connection there; i don't know if i necessarily believe that the song is strictly about the president and the war, but i was wondering if anyone else caught this possible reference
damn, i've never thought of it that way. that sounds right on. although, i think he (MJK) touches on more than just 9/11 in this song. perhaps thats why you only brought up the one line.....:)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote