Thread: the cradle
View Single Post
descendere
05-30-2006, 06:15 PM

i don't think anyone has mentioned this yet. i was driving and listening to "the pot" and heard the line "rob the grave to snow the cradle" and i thought "hm, the cradle?"as in the "cradle of civilization", as in the area between the tigris and euphrates, as in iraq? using the idea that "rob the grave" refers to the use of the 9/11 victims to justify the war on terrorism, there's a connection there; i don't know if i necessarily believe that the song is strictly about the president and the war, but i was wondering if anyone else caught this possible reference

Last edited by descendere; 05-30-2006 at 06:45 PM..
Old 05-30-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
"the cradle" of civilization

i don't think anyone has mentioned this yet. i was driving and listening to "the pot" and heard the line "rob the grave to snow the cradle" and i thought "hm, the cradle?"as in the "cradle of civilization", as in the area between the tigris and euphrates, as in iraq? using the idea that "rob the grave" refers to the use of the 9/11 victims to justify the war on terrorism, there's a connection there; i don't know if i necessarily believe that the song is strictly about the president and the war, but i was wondering if anyone else caught this possible reference

Last edited by descendere; 05-30-2006 at 06:45 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote