View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:39 AM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/12/03 - Oberhausen, GER - Konig-Pilsener Arena

Well, setlist: (Order between "Jambi" and "break" may be wrong)

Stinkfist
46 and 2
Jambi
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Schism
Swamp Song
--break--
Wings for Marie
10,000 days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema

Me and a mate arrived at the arena at about 17:30, so we had to wait for more then an hour in the rain for doors to open. Inside the front area was not separeted and we stood in 2nd or 3rd row in front of Adam. Then came Mastodor. They were far too loud, everytime the drummer hit his toms you could really feel shocks of wind in your face. They playe metal with a lot of whooooaaaaaa and groooaaannn. Really not my taste of music and it seemed like that was the opinion of the other peaple in the arena, too. Then between 2 songs the left guitar player made a theatralic yawning gesture to the audience, but what did they expect. Their music is boring, so the audience is bored. They got hardly any applause, i think that nobody really wanted to see them and i felt a little sorry for them...it has to be a really hard job to do a gig for an audience waiting for tool to arrive after them...
Then came tool. Maynard had a gas mask with a mic in it, he didnt take it off all the time. Me and my mate even saw him drinking some water wearing the mask..?!
He hardly said anything:
after 46and2: "Hello ... let`s get the party started."
In the middle of Swamp song, where there`s a break, he said to Danny:
"Wait for it!" and 3 seconds later he screamed an the song went on with Danny grinning for minutes.
At the beginning of Wings for Marie, looking on his keyboard: "No flash cameras on the sides please, no flash cameras."
Then sometime near the end: "Goodnight, see you next summer."
It seemed like all were in a good mood, Adam was concentrated as always and Danny and Justin were passionate as always. Maynard was singing and dancing all the time looking at the screen behind him hardly looking at the audience. In the break they were all sitting on the step on stage and Justin lighted a lighter. So did many others, and when i joined in, he looked at me and i looked at him. Then i noded and so did he. Then i smiled and so did he. You could really say, that i had some kind of contact with a member of tool !!!!
After the break there was the laser show in Wings 1+2 and Lateralus. Justin sat on a chair for Wings 1+2. It was very impressive, but when the lasers coming from top of stage were reflected on the stage and filled the whole room, you had to be somewhere in the back to really enjoy it...
And i was a little dissapointed that rosetta stoned did not kick that much ass as i expected. Don`t really know why, perhaps it was not loud enough.
After Aenema all came together on the stage to thank the audience and to throw stuff and water bottles into the croud, except Maynard...strange guy. What the hell`s his problem?!
OK, that`s as much as i remember now...c ya...
OFFLINE |