Thread: Pandora's Box
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 11:45 AM   #7
formerly [i]from death we are nothing[/i]

Bincount™: 173
Re: Pandora's Box

[QUOTE=CrownOfNegativity;387390]I watched the video just now and I've watched it before as well. When we see the box at first, we see that it is tied shut with rope. Maybe signifying that he isn't supposed to open it, as if someone had bade him not to. Perhaps his own curiosity got the best of him and so he opens it. Now, most of you have probably heard the story of Pandora who was given a box/chest and told by the gods not to open it. Her own curiosity forced her to open it and therefore all of the evils were released. Quickly, she tries to shut the box. One good thing is left behind, Hope. Maybe when the creature in the video opens it he is afraid because he seems to peer out into the hall and is peering out the door. He tied the box back up. I'm not sure about this theory, but I believe that it could be possible. If anyone cares to prove me wrong or elaborate on this, please feel free.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure thats what it is.

i believe the song to be about how we are drunk with religion. no one is looking for answers and stuff anymore, etc. etc..... i'm sure you get it.

anyways, that would make sense to me that he would have opened the pandora's box.
he starts seeing things he never saw after that if you notice.
all the traps and empty places.... he discovers whats behind the scenes.

i think that is a beautiful piece of art.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote