View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 10:35 PM   #61
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38
Re: 2006/09/03 - Oakland, CA - Oakland Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by livid star View Post
In conclusion, the show was fantastic overall. Not too many asswipes near me, plenty of breathing room. $156 worth of merchandise, sleep well Tool, I gotchya back. Maybe I shouldn't see Tool so often next time around? Maybe they should realize that people are crazy and will follow them where ever they go and a little nightly titration would be great? Crapshoot? I guess I'd rather them play the songs they think they do best, or like to play, rather than mess ups...rather than no live Tool at all.

Thank you for touring, Tool.
This woman speaks truism!

I was at the show too. What a great experience. It was my third on this tour (Paramount and NYC City Center), and this one tops it all. Don't get me wrong. Paramount was great, NYC and the trip to NYC itself were epic. But Sunday night at the Arena was just everything you would expect from TOOL.

I don't mind the setlist at all. In a way, and seriously, I'm kinda glad that they didn't play Wings. I want to hear it live when it's ripe if you know what i mean. It's kinda like how they did it with Right in Two. It wasn't all that good at the beginning of the tour. But when they played it at the Arena a couple of nights ago, it totally blew my brains out.

I totally dug the visuals too. There's one thing people have not mentioned. Yeah people on the floor like i was didn't get to see the video projection/reflection on the stage floor but it was just as cool from our perspective. The whole white stage made the glowing of the light ever more powerful. It appeared to us people on the floor that the light was coming from underneath illuminating every element on stage. It was like the band was playing on a pile of gold! It's very overwhelming to the audience on the floor.

Can't wait until they come back in '07.

Last edited by godhenry; 09-05-2006 at 10:39 PM..
OFFLINE |