View Single Post
mackschapman
07-18-2006, 08:00 PM

Fight till they die,
(Ahhh!) over what? for their ending

I hear:

Fight till they die,
(Ahhh!) over what? For their lies.

I know that maynard would not link there musical lyrics with something in the news, but there has been alot of talk about the catholic church and its "big lie". It seems to me that alot of the lyrics that have come out from us fans seem to be connecting to this big lie somone has told, such as:

Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

As most know christians/catholics call God father, and he gave man free will do as we please.
With that free will somone start a lie, hense: Now they're all confused

Even though this is for the Right In Two lyrics another lyric I would like to point out in Vicarious:

Cause I need to watch things die
From a distance
Vicariously, I
Live while the whole world dies
"You all need it too - don't lie."

At the start of speculation I saw alot of: "You all needn't to choose your lie."

Could this be the fact that man has been raised in a world of religion. Maybe maynard it stating that man is controled by religion and we dont have a choice on what we believe. This could go down to religion and also the news. If we turn on the TV every day and see hell on earth then we have nothing to believe but there is hell on earth. Basically mans ability of choosing what we believe has been taken away and now we are forced to believe lies. We have no reason to choose what we believe, even though what we have to choose from is all lies anyways.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason,
And this is what they choose?

The Crusade, God gave man free will, we chose to create a lie. The crusades were from the catholic church to defend the lie as so many books have now made the assertion. Hense: Angles on the sideline, baffled and confused. They are "sitting in the clouds(sideline) baffled at why man is killing man over a stupid lie that God gave us the free will to make. God gave man reason and our reason was to "crusade" to kill millions over a lie, thats what we chose. Even today War is raging, and we all know it wasn't for the right reasons. And the war that rages was defently not "reasonable".

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground.

Even though the crusades were hundreds of years ago man is still fighting over land, and for what reason? Why is it that man must kill eachother to have a place they can call their own?

How they survive so misguided is a mystery.

This is the one sentence that I am questioning and I need help, of course this is all speculation and all critizism and any type of interpretation is GREAT in my book. But this sentence intrigues me. I know that its going to be a huge fight about maynards beliefs and what he thinks, and I know I am going to get the "Ignorant christian" sticker slapped on my forhead for saying this but I have to ask:
Could maynard be admitting to a higher power here?

All this is pure speculation and I hope no fights will start and no offense will be taken. My mind is as open as a blue sky so please do tell me what you think :).
Old 07-18-2006, 08:00 PM   #489
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 10 - Right In Two lyrics

Fight till they die,
(Ahhh!) over what? for their ending

I hear:

Fight till they die,
(Ahhh!) over what? For their lies.

I know that maynard would not link there musical lyrics with something in the news, but there has been alot of talk about the catholic church and its "big lie". It seems to me that alot of the lyrics that have come out from us fans seem to be connecting to this big lie somone has told, such as:

Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

As most know christians/catholics call God father, and he gave man free will do as we please.
With that free will somone start a lie, hense: Now they're all confused

Even though this is for the Right In Two lyrics another lyric I would like to point out in Vicarious:

Cause I need to watch things die
From a distance
Vicariously, I
Live while the whole world dies
"You all need it too - don't lie."

At the start of speculation I saw alot of: "You all needn't to choose your lie."

Could this be the fact that man has been raised in a world of religion. Maybe maynard it stating that man is controled by religion and we dont have a choice on what we believe. This could go down to religion and also the news. If we turn on the TV every day and see hell on earth then we have nothing to believe but there is hell on earth. Basically mans ability of choosing what we believe has been taken away and now we are forced to believe lies. We have no reason to choose what we believe, even though what we have to choose from is all lies anyways.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason,
And this is what they choose?

The Crusade, God gave man free will, we chose to create a lie. The crusades were from the catholic church to defend the lie as so many books have now made the assertion. Hense: Angles on the sideline, baffled and confused. They are "sitting in the clouds(sideline) baffled at why man is killing man over a stupid lie that God gave us the free will to make. God gave man reason and our reason was to "crusade" to kill millions over a lie, thats what we chose. Even today War is raging, and we all know it wasn't for the right reasons. And the war that rages was defently not "reasonable".

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground.

Even though the crusades were hundreds of years ago man is still fighting over land, and for what reason? Why is it that man must kill eachother to have a place they can call their own?

How they survive so misguided is a mystery.

This is the one sentence that I am questioning and I need help, of course this is all speculation and all critizism and any type of interpretation is GREAT in my book. But this sentence intrigues me. I know that its going to be a huge fight about maynards beliefs and what he thinks, and I know I am going to get the "Ignorant christian" sticker slapped on my forhead for saying this but I have to ask:
Could maynard be admitting to a higher power here?

All this is pure speculation and I hope no fights will start and no offense will be taken. My mind is as open as a blue sky so please do tell me what you think :).