View Single Post
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
03-09-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertUniformity View Post
I think thats the point I was trying to make. I don't care what benefits technology in the modern age can offer musicians these days, in order to produce a piece of artwork on a massive scale it takes the kind of focus which requires every band-member being there in person. That just hasn't been the case with Tool lately. Its sad because it seems as if thats just the way Tool make music nowadays.

Perhaps some old music will leak... that would be ideal. Maybe something from the Teleincision sessions?
This is true but at the same time I think it's good that they all have their different avenues to pursue outside of Tool and that they do take a long break in between working together. I mean, granted I'd love to have a new Tool album every year just like some of these lifeless pop artists release them but that's exactly what keeps them coming back each time with something fresh. They've had their time to step back and live life so that they can come back with new thoughts and experiences to transfer into the music.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #27
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
Re: Undisclosed Big Thing w/ TOOL happening Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertUniformity View Post
I think thats the point I was trying to make. I don't care what benefits technology in the modern age can offer musicians these days, in order to produce a piece of artwork on a massive scale it takes the kind of focus which requires every band-member being there in person. That just hasn't been the case with Tool lately. Its sad because it seems as if thats just the way Tool make music nowadays.

Perhaps some old music will leak... that would be ideal. Maybe something from the Teleincision sessions?
This is true but at the same time I think it's good that they all have their different avenues to pursue outside of Tool and that they do take a long break in between working together. I mean, granted I'd love to have a new Tool album every year just like some of these lifeless pop artists release them but that's exactly what keeps them coming back each time with something fresh. They've had their time to step back and live life so that they can come back with new thoughts and experiences to transfer into the music.