View Single Post
Bridger the Mountain Man's Avatar Bridger the Mountain Man
12-02-2007, 12:01 PM

This was my 1st ever Tool concert. I have been a fan since 1992. I have lived in Wyoming all my life.

The day started out great. I drove to Casper from Laramie at 9am. I went with my 19 year old son. He just started to become a tool fan.

We got to Casper about 12pm and went o Red Lobster for lunch.

We headed downtown and noticed Across the Universe was playing. So we ate some PEZ and headed to the movie. The music was great a perfect appetizer for the Tool show.

We got to the parking lot a 6 and waited until they started letting everyone in and ate 2 more PEZ. Holy fucking shit!

Trans Am came on and they rocked. They reminded of if Tool had done the soundtrack for TRON or something.

Then Tool came and started to play Jambi. The Whole arena became the inside of the 3D CD. I was tripping so hard!

All I can say is that my life is now changed forever. This is what I have been looking for. My son is now a disciple of Tool. The light show and graphics were deep and heavy. I feel like my life flashed before my eyes in the time of the whole show

Right before they went on break I heard a small voice say what you want to hear. So I thought for a second...I want to hear 10,000 days. Then they all left the stage and this head was sitting there looking away from the audience.

Everyone couldn’t figure it out. They were all getting impatient. So I thought to my self call em out. So I screamed “Maynard, its broken they want the music. Right then they all came back on stage. Whoa!

Then when they came back they played both parts of 10,000 days. This song means so much to me. When I 1st heard it my dog had come down with cancer. It meant so much to me because I feel that my dog, Baloo, was a guardian angel or something like that. He was so in tune and loving. I have never felt that way for an animal. We had to put him to sleep. This was back in June 2007. So still stings. We put him to sleep out in our living room. The vet came over and administer some drugs and he freaked out ran into the yard and puked. I picked him up and brought him back in and laid him down on a mattress I had brought to the living room. The vet then gave him the overdose. He died in 1 minute in my arms. I cried so hard and screamed.

I went for a walk later that day. I put my IPod on shuffle and Wings for Marie part 2 came on. It made so much sense to me then. To hear it live was awesome. I cried then also. Sorry for the tangent but it come full circle.

I would like to apologize to Tool for the lack of audience participation. I would say that 20% of the people actually were hardcore fans. The rest were there because it was a concert.

Last edited by Bridger the Mountain Man; 12-02-2007 at 12:22 PM..
Old 12-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 23 Casper, WY Casper Events Center

This was my 1st ever Tool concert. I have been a fan since 1992. I have lived in Wyoming all my life.

The day started out great. I drove to Casper from Laramie at 9am. I went with my 19 year old son. He just started to become a tool fan.

We got to Casper about 12pm and went o Red Lobster for lunch.

We headed downtown and noticed Across the Universe was playing. So we ate some PEZ and headed to the movie. The music was great a perfect appetizer for the Tool show.

We got to the parking lot a 6 and waited until they started letting everyone in and ate 2 more PEZ. Holy fucking shit!

Trans Am came on and they rocked. They reminded of if Tool had done the soundtrack for TRON or something.

Then Tool came and started to play Jambi. The Whole arena became the inside of the 3D CD. I was tripping so hard!

All I can say is that my life is now changed forever. This is what I have been looking for. My son is now a disciple of Tool. The light show and graphics were deep and heavy. I feel like my life flashed before my eyes in the time of the whole show

Right before they went on break I heard a small voice say what you want to hear. So I thought for a second...I want to hear 10,000 days. Then they all left the stage and this head was sitting there looking away from the audience.

Everyone couldn’t figure it out. They were all getting impatient. So I thought to my self call em out. So I screamed “Maynard, its broken they want the music. Right then they all came back on stage. Whoa!

Then when they came back they played both parts of 10,000 days. This song means so much to me. When I 1st heard it my dog had come down with cancer. It meant so much to me because I feel that my dog, Baloo, was a guardian angel or something like that. He was so in tune and loving. I have never felt that way for an animal. We had to put him to sleep. This was back in June 2007. So still stings. We put him to sleep out in our living room. The vet came over and administer some drugs and he freaked out ran into the yard and puked. I picked him up and brought him back in and laid him down on a mattress I had brought to the living room. The vet then gave him the overdose. He died in 1 minute in my arms. I cried so hard and screamed.

I went for a walk later that day. I put my IPod on shuffle and Wings for Marie part 2 came on. It made so much sense to me then. To hear it live was awesome. I cried then also. Sorry for the tangent but it come full circle.

I would like to apologize to Tool for the lack of audience participation. I would say that 20% of the people actually were hardcore fans. The rest were there because it was a concert.

Last edited by Bridger the Mountain Man; 12-02-2007 at 12:22 PM..
OFFLINE |