View Single Post
Cheesegreater
11-26-2007, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
well, i think it's clear from interpretations (before lyrics are confirmed) that what YOU hear is 100% dependant on how YOU perceive YOUR reality. it's subjective. maybe you subconsciously don't want to hear the singlar "eye", for instance, because you've only known to 'see' (outside) through the two (plural, heh) you've relied on for most of your life. my friend, it doesn't matter what WE say. if we come up with something, and then more and more people agree to it ...and it's WRONG! ...then your latest preconceptions are taking you down the wrong path. i think it was the "parabola" dvd commentary that suggested that tool fans ...listen ...take some time ...think about it ....listen to it again ...and. yeah. "the grudge" presents the notion that mankind has more or less allowed these current complications to arise through our developed desire to define, constrict, order, and control all and everything. we throw labels around, with whatever biases (it doesn't matter - good or bad) ...we're judging. that's just how it is. forgive yourself (the scarlet letterman, king crimson) for fucking up, and revert to the natural flow of the universe, of this entire spiraling, flowing existence. bring your queen on home (i.e. work the beautiful right hemisphere of YOURS ...to remember that WE are ONE ...see: child).
I don't know if we're supposed to take you seriously, or if you're mocking Tool fans as part of an inside joke that's only funny to you.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:29 AM   #15
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26
Re: Sour Grapes Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
well, i think it's clear from interpretations (before lyrics are confirmed) that what YOU hear is 100% dependant on how YOU perceive YOUR reality. it's subjective. maybe you subconsciously don't want to hear the singlar "eye", for instance, because you've only known to 'see' (outside) through the two (plural, heh) you've relied on for most of your life. my friend, it doesn't matter what WE say. if we come up with something, and then more and more people agree to it ...and it's WRONG! ...then your latest preconceptions are taking you down the wrong path. i think it was the "parabola" dvd commentary that suggested that tool fans ...listen ...take some time ...think about it ....listen to it again ...and. yeah. "the grudge" presents the notion that mankind has more or less allowed these current complications to arise through our developed desire to define, constrict, order, and control all and everything. we throw labels around, with whatever biases (it doesn't matter - good or bad) ...we're judging. that's just how it is. forgive yourself (the scarlet letterman, king crimson) for fucking up, and revert to the natural flow of the universe, of this entire spiraling, flowing existence. bring your queen on home (i.e. work the beautiful right hemisphere of YOURS ...to remember that WE are ONE ...see: child).
I don't know if we're supposed to take you seriously, or if you're mocking Tool fans as part of an inside joke that's only funny to you.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote