View Single Post
Old 11-29-2002, 02:02 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Universal

The piece/s of Alex Grey's art which I enjoy the most would have to be "Universal Mind Lattice", and "Artists Hand". Universal Mind lattice is just extraordinary. For those who are unfamiliar with this piece it is one of the sacred mirrors. It is also used at the very end of the Parabola video. However I liked it long before this. I was blown away when I saw the video for the first time and saw it there. It just holds so much. The colour, the depth. You truley get the feel that it is this very piece of art that is holding us all in this "Universal Mind Lattice".

Artists Hand is also an extraordinary piece. It so clearly puts forth the idea of your paint brush really just being the eye of your mind. I can't really explain it, but it just has something too it. All of Alex's art has the same effect. The information and feeling you gain from them is incredible, however it is on a higher level. A level which you can't quite describe, which I guess is why art is here all along. To express these moments.

Yes this is a bit off topic, but just go and play Lateralus to the parabola video. Line it up so the song lateralua will finish at the same time as the video, and you will experience something amazing. Lateralus appears to fit the video much better than Parabola, particularly the final 1 to 2 minutes. Truley an experience you can not leave the day without.

Has anyone else tried this?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote