View Single Post
superbry
01-25-2012, 01:35 PM

This was my 2nd Tool show ( DTE '07) and it was way better than the first one. This show had a huge Aenima Tour feel to it and that was their peak IMO. Danny was rockin' the Michigan jersey, (in Ohio) sweet! Justin is one of the top five bass players in the biz. Adam is definately an audiophile, constantly tweaking the sound until it rips your face off. Maynard was sporting a black T-shirt that read POSTAL and his billyclub. Maynard is never very talkative, he did say "Thank You" before the last song, I thought that was cool. I was in F3 and I thought it sounded amazing. I heard a couple of gliches from Maynard's mic, Adam even turned and looked back on one of them. He screamed a couple of times like a much younger man. Visuals were awesome, they were even showing graphics on the speaker cages, no room for another screen I guess. Pushit was amazing to see live. Wish they had done The Pot or Sober as reviewed in other shows but no disappointment here. Dragged the ol'lady with me to this show. She could only compare it to Tim McGraw and Def Leppard. For the first hour after the show all I could get out of her was "WOW". I just said " That's why they're my favorite band". If you're a fan, don't miss this tour.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.24.2012 - Toledo, OH @ Huntington Centre

This was my 2nd Tool show ( DTE '07) and it was way better than the first one. This show had a huge Aenima Tour feel to it and that was their peak IMO. Danny was rockin' the Michigan jersey, (in Ohio) sweet! Justin is one of the top five bass players in the biz. Adam is definately an audiophile, constantly tweaking the sound until it rips your face off. Maynard was sporting a black T-shirt that read POSTAL and his billyclub. Maynard is never very talkative, he did say "Thank You" before the last song, I thought that was cool. I was in F3 and I thought it sounded amazing. I heard a couple of gliches from Maynard's mic, Adam even turned and looked back on one of them. He screamed a couple of times like a much younger man. Visuals were awesome, they were even showing graphics on the speaker cages, no room for another screen I guess. Pushit was amazing to see live. Wish they had done The Pot or Sober as reviewed in other shows but no disappointment here. Dragged the ol'lady with me to this show. She could only compare it to Tim McGraw and Def Leppard. For the first hour after the show all I could get out of her was "WOW". I just said " That's why they're my favorite band". If you're a fan, don't miss this tour.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote