View Single Post
AlsoKnownAsGG
07-16-2010, 01:32 PM

This was my 5th TOOL show and it definitely makes the top 2. The mood was great. Everyone seemed really laid back and the somewhat different setlist was a good treat. Justin and Danny especially brought so much energy to the performance. You could feel the bass and drums through your body and down to your toes the entire night. Third Eye was absolutely incredible, especially as the opener. I’ve been dying to see that song live since I was ten years old and the wait was well worth it. I’d wait another decade to see it again. Stinkfist was outstanding live and the crowd was really into it, as usual with that song. Vicarious shocked me. I always question why TOOL chooses to play this song at shows, except for the fact that it was a big single, but it is pretty amazing live. Maynard pit the mic to the audience for the last chorus. When EBA started the crowd went psycho which was surprising to me. It doesn’t seem like a song a lot of people would get really psyched for, but they did. I always thought EBA was one of their most beautiful songs and hearing it live makes the whole body go numb. The Patient had a great vibe with the visuals and the rhythm. The crowd sang along with Maynard throughout the whole song.

Intolerance was inconceivably amazing live. That song was definitely the most memorable and my fave of the night. I’d never seen it live before and now that I have, I think it should be mandatory for every show. It blew me far far away. Still can’t get over it. Wow. Danny and Gino during Lateralus were pretty cool. Although, I would have preferred TOOL play another song during the five or so minutes it took to set up Gino’s drumset. In my opinion, Gino was just a distraction from Danny. It could have been just as good and even better with just Danny alone. The crowd seemed off at some parts during the night like during the Schism interlude. It started at a much faster pace than usual. Also, the different riff Adam played in Stinkfist threw people off a bit. I always love how all Maynard has to say is Southern California and the crowd knows it’s time for Aenema. I have to say, this song should always be an encore song. It’s just that good. Great way to end the show.

As far as security goes, they didn’t seem too harsh, at least in the section I was in. The person beside me was taking pictures with a professional camera the entire show and only got caught once. Again, the crowd was chill and laid back except for this psycho lady who started screaming at me for standing next to her husband. There were also a few “Maynard is a fag!” yells heard throughout the show. Another downside was my brother and his dumbass friends who started jumping up and down during EBA because they thought it was a new song. I had to try and stop the anger from rising up in me and remember that they only know TOOL as they exist on 10,000 Days. Also, my friend tried but did not succeed in catching the flying drumheads after the encore. Anyway, remarkable show. Third Eye and Intolerance were the best of the night.
Loved Adam in the braids.

Last edited by AlsoKnownAsGG; 07-16-2010 at 03:51 PM..
Old 07-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.15.2010 - San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena

This was my 5th TOOL show and it definitely makes the top 2. The mood was great. Everyone seemed really laid back and the somewhat different setlist was a good treat. Justin and Danny especially brought so much energy to the performance. You could feel the bass and drums through your body and down to your toes the entire night. Third Eye was absolutely incredible, especially as the opener. I’ve been dying to see that song live since I was ten years old and the wait was well worth it. I’d wait another decade to see it again. Stinkfist was outstanding live and the crowd was really into it, as usual with that song. Vicarious shocked me. I always question why TOOL chooses to play this song at shows, except for the fact that it was a big single, but it is pretty amazing live. Maynard pit the mic to the audience for the last chorus. When EBA started the crowd went psycho which was surprising to me. It doesn’t seem like a song a lot of people would get really psyched for, but they did. I always thought EBA was one of their most beautiful songs and hearing it live makes the whole body go numb. The Patient had a great vibe with the visuals and the rhythm. The crowd sang along with Maynard throughout the whole song.

Intolerance was inconceivably amazing live. That song was definitely the most memorable and my fave of the night. I’d never seen it live before and now that I have, I think it should be mandatory for every show. It blew me far far away. Still can’t get over it. Wow. Danny and Gino during Lateralus were pretty cool. Although, I would have preferred TOOL play another song during the five or so minutes it took to set up Gino’s drumset. In my opinion, Gino was just a distraction from Danny. It could have been just as good and even better with just Danny alone. The crowd seemed off at some parts during the night like during the Schism interlude. It started at a much faster pace than usual. Also, the different riff Adam played in Stinkfist threw people off a bit. I always love how all Maynard has to say is Southern California and the crowd knows it’s time for Aenema. I have to say, this song should always be an encore song. It’s just that good. Great way to end the show.

As far as security goes, they didn’t seem too harsh, at least in the section I was in. The person beside me was taking pictures with a professional camera the entire show and only got caught once. Again, the crowd was chill and laid back except for this psycho lady who started screaming at me for standing next to her husband. There were also a few “Maynard is a fag!” yells heard throughout the show. Another downside was my brother and his dumbass friends who started jumping up and down during EBA because they thought it was a new song. I had to try and stop the anger from rising up in me and remember that they only know TOOL as they exist on 10,000 Days. Also, my friend tried but did not succeed in catching the flying drumheads after the encore. Anyway, remarkable show. Third Eye and Intolerance were the best of the night.
Loved Adam in the braids.

Last edited by AlsoKnownAsGG; 07-16-2010 at 03:51 PM..
OFFLINE |