View Single Post
unfnknblvbl's Avatar unfnknblvbl
04-23-2006, 01:17 AM

I'm hearing "I only pray Allah knows when to lift you out" - as in Allah being one of the names that God is known by. Not the correct name, according to his mother's religion, but it's a real name for the figure, and it fits better than Heaven, Jehovah or Yaweh.

I also hear "Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance, burden of proof thrown upon the believers"
Why would Maynard be "safe" in his ways? Nobody but his mother (according to him) is safe in their ways. He's recognising that he is set in his ways and beliefs, and he is always throwing the burden of proof onto the believers in his lyrics. He doesn't need to place it on the unbelievers, because that's where it is for the most part anyway.

I'm also not hearing "Collective Judas" but something more along the lines of "collective Julius" - but I'm not entirely sure how that fits into things yet, so I'm just throwing that out there. Something with a soft J and an L sound.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:17 AM   #151
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: lyrics

I'm hearing "I only pray Allah knows when to lift you out" - as in Allah being one of the names that God is known by. Not the correct name, according to his mother's religion, but it's a real name for the figure, and it fits better than Heaven, Jehovah or Yaweh.

I also hear "Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance, burden of proof thrown upon the believers"
Why would Maynard be "safe" in his ways? Nobody but his mother (according to him) is safe in their ways. He's recognising that he is set in his ways and beliefs, and he is always throwing the burden of proof onto the believers in his lyrics. He doesn't need to place it on the unbelievers, because that's where it is for the most part anyway.

I'm also not hearing "Collective Judas" but something more along the lines of "collective Julius" - but I'm not entirely sure how that fits into things yet, so I'm just throwing that out there. Something with a soft J and an L sound.
OFFLINE |