View Single Post
praefector's Avatar praefector
04-21-2006, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuadeus
In the gospels (john in particular) jesus gives himself many names. "the light" (example John 8:12), "The life" and "the way" (example: John 14:6 ) are some of them. "The wave" is not one. no one reads about jesus "the wave" (except perhaps some weird sect of surfer christians). lets agree not to include this in the list of possibilities from now on as it makes no sense (annoyingly so).

John aside, my money is on "you were the light and the way that they only read about." this is based on what i'm hearing and the knowledge that "the truth, the light, and the way" is a popular mis-reading of john and is often used by preachy types (annoyingly so).
good point..

id been led in the direction of wave because i think of light in a scientific and not spiritual way...which led me to wave (sound travelling as a wave)

but this is a spiritually tinged song

so youre probably correct...

sorry though, i didnt mean to annoy you :rolls eyes:
Old 04-21-2006, 03:14 PM   #143
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1020
Re: lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuadeus
In the gospels (john in particular) jesus gives himself many names. "the light" (example John 8:12), "The life" and "the way" (example: John 14:6 ) are some of them. "The wave" is not one. no one reads about jesus "the wave" (except perhaps some weird sect of surfer christians). lets agree not to include this in the list of possibilities from now on as it makes no sense (annoyingly so).

John aside, my money is on "you were the light and the way that they only read about." this is based on what i'm hearing and the knowledge that "the truth, the light, and the way" is a popular mis-reading of john and is often used by preachy types (annoyingly so).
good point..

id been led in the direction of wave because i think of light in a scientific and not spiritual way...which led me to wave (sound travelling as a wave)

but this is a spiritually tinged song

so youre probably correct...

sorry though, i didnt mean to annoy you :rolls eyes: