View Single Post
Old 12-19-2002, 08:36 PM   #37
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30
Sorry for being an asshole. Though I stand by what I say about the music industry. I do think that corporate music makes the best. Look at your top 10, 20, 30, 50 records, and look at how many of them are on corporate labels.

What I want to know is, what's the real difference between major labels and indie labels? Is it just that the major labels have more money? I've read that they're both assholes to their musicians. So really the main difference is just that one has more moneys, and therefore more honeys, and therefore more music options.

I'm not going to defend punk because... it's really not a genre worth doing anything for. I like new punk like Trail Of Dead, and old punk like The Stooges and The Ramones (don't like The Sex Pistols much though. I read at one of their gigs they sucked so much that the fans threw shit at them on stage).

Because they're famous and great is the reason all bands are remembered. Pink Floyd are remembered because of both their fame and greatness. Lets say they never made Dark Side Of The Moon and never got signed. We wouldn't know about them. I'm not saying Dark Side is their best album, but it was the one that made them really famous.

Once again, sorry for being an asshole. (I only say I have better taste than you guys because it's true. j/k, lol)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote