View Single Post
Old 12-19-2002, 12:39 AM   #32
Mr. 200,000

Bincount™: 3568
I was wondering if anyone, like me, listens to mainstream radio every once in a while and hears of a new band and thinks 'hey they sound alright' then you say to yourself 'hmm their being played on mainstream radio' and be totally turned off by this. Has the music industry and commercial radio twisted us that much?

As with decent bands not being recognized, I think this is a good thing in a way. It makes us unique. If we went walking around with a system of a down (no offense to the band, I have respect for them) shirt on people wouldnt think much of it, if we went round with a tool shirt on people are like 'tool? wtf'...imagine in twenty years time presuming tool are over with and someone is wearing a tool shirt. People will still respect that (led zeppelin is a good example for the present). However in 20 years time if your walking around in an N'SYNC shirt YOU ARE GOING TO BE EMBARRESED as they were a crappy phase that is now recognised 20 years later. It seems that 'pop' music (not all of it) is only 'in' until something 'better' replaces it (or a year passes). So lets consider ourselves privledged, we are the minority, we are intelligent and we have evolved. In 20 years the majority will realise WE were right.

*I apolagize if the wording is a bit screwed up, I hope you all understand :)