View Single Post
Old 12-17-2002, 06:32 PM   #29
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30
HOLY SHIT. DID YOU JUST SAY THE WHITE STRIPES AND THE HIVES ARE INDIE. YOU FUCKIN MORON. They were on MTV. The white stripes and the hives are popular everywhere. And I love them for their musical talent. They know how to rock. They know what rockin is. It's not some whiny 30 year old talking about how bad his migranes are right now. It's a bunch of people playing rock. Nothing more. I mean, look at Led Zepplin and The Rolling Stones. Led Zepplin never whined about how much life sucks when they rocked. When they did songs that were meant to be emotional, they made sure that you knew it was emotional. Otherwise they rocked. The rolling stones, man they rocked, and didn't do anything but rock. The Stripes do that. They put lyrics aside, and just fuckin JAM! I'll just give you this link to a review of two of their cds:
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/w/white-stripes/white-stripes-de-stijl.shtml

(not sure if the thing about Wisconsin is true, but man I hope it is)

And Beck... how could you not think his music is good. He's quircky and really really funny and the definition of cool in my opinion. I think part of it is that a lot of his songs are jokes. Just look at Get Real Paid. It's hillarious, but it's also a great kraftwork type song. Midnight Vultures is the greatest get real paid, get real laid, get real hungry album. The only time I don't like it when he does those jokes is on Hollywood Freaks and Debra, where the joke meant more than the music. And look at Sea Change. He knows how to make emotional music and still be great. He can do absolutely anything. He has more talent than pretty much any band out there if he can combine Country, Rap, Blues, Hard Rock, R&B, and Electronica in one song, and still make it sound great. Man, don't fuck with my beck.

Dude, Beck, The White Stripes, and The Hives, are extremely famous bands. They'll be remembered just like Jimi Hendrix and Led Zepplin. You know why. BECAUSE THEY'RE FAMOUS AND GREAT!

Man you do know nothing about music. And what's with your non-punk-liking? Who do you listen to that's punk? Who have you actually heard that's actually punk and not some commercialized bastardization of punk? Have you ever heard Sonic Youth? Have you ever heard ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead? That's punk.
It's just, don't pretend you know music when you say something like that. Hey, I'll be indie and reference... Matador... or K... or Merge.Hey, I’ll be more indie and talk about The Velvet Underground. Underground’s in their name, man they must be indie. Man I know a lot about music.

You said that System Of A Down has deep meaningful lyrics. I don't think I even need to say anything about that.

KoRn may control nu-metal, but they control the shittiest genre out there now. And who cares. They make the shittiest music out there. They take themselves way too seriously. They do nothing but whine and whine and whine about some of the dumbest things in the world. "This song is about Mr. Rogers, and how FAKE he is." "This song, Lies, is about how FAKE everyone is." "This song, Faget, is about how all the kids, who are totally FAKE, made fun of me when I was a little boy." Mhmm, yeah, ok, if your life is so fucked up, why not try to FIX IT! Why, because it doesn't sell well.

Why does everyone who writes here know nothing about music? Please, someone out there who knows something about music, and has something to say other than "corporate music isn't good," write!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote