View Single Post
Old 12-11-2002, 09:41 AM   #10
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
easily digestible death polka

I think we did see somewhat of a shift when rap metal became all the rage. Once again, this type of music was pioneered by great bands, like 311, even rage against the machine. then limp bizkit took over and guess what? it all went to shit. Nothing at all against wes borland, who had the balls to leave when LB was at the top of the game. His new band, Eat The Day, will most likely be amazing. But back to the subject at hand. You can feel the vibe of this rap metal style still hanging around after its all but over. Guitar pop is groovier, heavier bands are groovier, and hip-hop has even picked up guitars now and then.

I can't stand it when people classify music and put it into categories. But what I can't stand more are people who claim to be open but then dis entire genres Why even acknowledge that there are genres? Why say rap sucks as much as nu metal when there ARE a small portion of people classified in these genres who ARE doing good things? Have you heard Cee-lo's album? Outkast's? The new Roots album? All of these guys are in the hip-hop world and are talking about asension, astral projection, whats real, etc. I just can't see why people would dis something they know little about.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote