View Single Post
Old 12-10-2002, 08:35 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

The whole pop music thing is a subject i feel very strongly against. It's all over the T.V and radio no matter where you go so i simply gave them up. As soon as a record label finds a 19 year old blonde with nice tits, they get into the top of the charts in a matter of days. The more i think about it the more it pisses me off.

But the worst part of all of this is then people actually like this crap. What i find amusing though is how these people can seem absolulty devoted to a pop artist. They'll buy the CD the ticket the t-shirt, the bag, the pencil case, the lamp shade, the condoms, the kitchen knives, the deoderant, the movie where they tried to act and have a room wallpapered in posters of the talentless artist of their choice (may have exagerated slightly). but in a few months have to go out and do all this again for a different artist with bigger tits or a better drum machine or something like that.

One more thing. Music is supposed to be a means of expression. It's a way to show and share with other people how you feel or felt at a time in your life and hopefully they react in their own way to this. If your not writing the songs your singing/playing, whats the fucking point?? As soon as you do that you have soiled what people refer to as music because the songs will be hollow, a bunch of ranting bullshit with no meaning, no emotion and no vision.

Well im off now

P.S please ignore the parts where i referred to pop singers as 'artists'.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote