View Single Post
everlastingpmpkn's Avatar everlastingpmpkn
12-11-2007, 12:56 PM

I agree with the criticisms of the person above. My third Tool show, Justin is usually going insane, and did seem tired. Was it just me or did Adam fuck up not once but twice in Lateralus? Maynard though was more enthusiastic and talkative than other times I've seen them, which was nice. The comment about SF was (paraphrase) "San Francisco is louder than you guys, and we haven't even played there yet"

Since it was the hometown show I was hoping for a surprise - either a switch to Aenema for the closer or the debut of the Vicarious video. Oh well

The visuals and lasers were KILLER...especially during Rosetta Stoned and Wings. Highlights of the night were RS, Wings, and Flood.

Maybe its just bad luck, but two out of the now three Tool shows I've seen seem to be filled with some real fvckin tards, d-bags, and just plain pr|cks. I wanted to punch the idiots to my brother's right who probably got up to leave 10 or 12 times to go get beer or piss. The other show was at Street Scene, and anyone at the front for that show knows what I'm talking about. I expect the Bay Area crowd to be much better tonight.

NOKIA Live - parking was easy, and the place is all shiny and fancy. Sound was superb. It did feel a little cavernous though, and I agree they should not have left the ceiling exposed.

Good time on the whole though, was worth the trip from Berkeley. Oh and I think I saw Lumberg from Office Space at the show.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:56 PM   #34
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

I agree with the criticisms of the person above. My third Tool show, Justin is usually going insane, and did seem tired. Was it just me or did Adam fuck up not once but twice in Lateralus? Maynard though was more enthusiastic and talkative than other times I've seen them, which was nice. The comment about SF was (paraphrase) "San Francisco is louder than you guys, and we haven't even played there yet"

Since it was the hometown show I was hoping for a surprise - either a switch to Aenema for the closer or the debut of the Vicarious video. Oh well

The visuals and lasers were KILLER...especially during Rosetta Stoned and Wings. Highlights of the night were RS, Wings, and Flood.

Maybe its just bad luck, but two out of the now three Tool shows I've seen seem to be filled with some real fvckin tards, d-bags, and just plain pr|cks. I wanted to punch the idiots to my brother's right who probably got up to leave 10 or 12 times to go get beer or piss. The other show was at Street Scene, and anyone at the front for that show knows what I'm talking about. I expect the Bay Area crowd to be much better tonight.

NOKIA Live - parking was easy, and the place is all shiny and fancy. Sound was superb. It did feel a little cavernous though, and I agree they should not have left the ceiling exposed.

Good time on the whole though, was worth the trip from Berkeley. Oh and I think I saw Lumberg from Office Space at the show.
OFFLINE |