View Single Post
NAD's Avatar NAD
12-11-2007, 09:55 AM

I hate assholes who blab throughout an entire show. Two times I confronted people, once at Jerry Cantrell and the broad said something like "SOUNDS LIKE A PERSONAL PROBLEM!!!" when I asked her (politely) to not talk over the music. Then her friends took her outside to the patio, hooray. Another time at a Tool show some years back the two dudes apologized and then kept relatively quiet. Sweet. Anyhow.

Great show, that was my 10th Tool concert since 1995. Wings for Marie never sounded better, the "drumming faggotry" with Coady was intense, and Flood was killer. What has pissed me off about Wings is that a lot of people in the crowd don't seem to grasp what the song is about, but last night it seemed like a respectful response which was a welcome change. One show Maynard said of that song (paraphrasing): "nothing like a song about some guy's dead mother to make me drink beer and holler." Nokia Theatre was a decent place, although The Hallway of Cells was laughable. MOICHENDISING!

I was hoping for ÆNEMA but that's okay, I've seen that one in LA plenty of times I suppose. Flood made my night.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #30
NAD
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

I hate assholes who blab throughout an entire show. Two times I confronted people, once at Jerry Cantrell and the broad said something like "SOUNDS LIKE A PERSONAL PROBLEM!!!" when I asked her (politely) to not talk over the music. Then her friends took her outside to the patio, hooray. Another time at a Tool show some years back the two dudes apologized and then kept relatively quiet. Sweet. Anyhow.

Great show, that was my 10th Tool concert since 1995. Wings for Marie never sounded better, the "drumming faggotry" with Coady was intense, and Flood was killer. What has pissed me off about Wings is that a lot of people in the crowd don't seem to grasp what the song is about, but last night it seemed like a respectful response which was a welcome change. One show Maynard said of that song (paraphrasing): "nothing like a song about some guy's dead mother to make me drink beer and holler." Nokia Theatre was a decent place, although The Hallway of Cells was laughable. MOICHENDISING!

I was hoping for ÆNEMA but that's okay, I've seen that one in LA plenty of times I suppose. Flood made my night.