View Single Post
ElMaestro's Avatar ElMaestro
12-11-2007, 12:40 AM

Lucky show number 7 for me =) I'm becoming a veteran....Had to go to this show by myself-wasn't able to get more than 1 ticket off ticketmaster but 1 Tool ticket was better than none. I had heard there was originally supposed to be 2 shows at Nokia but then they changed the second night to San Francisco?

Sat next to a really cool ex-marine dude who let me use his binoculars. You rule man =) I'd buy you a beer if I saw you again. Trans-Am was much better than I thought they would be. Better than any other Tool opener I've seen anyway. Vocals were mediocre but the drummer was awesome. During the Lateralus drum off, he seemed like a Danny Carey protege. I thought the theater itself was pretty cool. It was a perfect place to watch the laser show. Last year I went to the Oakland show and stood in the very front and I kind of missed it. Every Tool veteran has to try that at least once.

Man, out of the 7 times I've seen them this was by far the best laser show and I was totally sober. I was a bit jealous of all those people around me trippin' balls...by I don't do that stuff anymore =( They had these red, white, blue, green circle lasers...it was crazy, you had to have been there.

Did anyone else think it was wierd that Maynard said something like: they know how to rock harder in San Francisco, or they are louder in San Francisco! Um, I thought the San Francisco show was tomarrow? Also, he said something: I heard theres a writers strike: bummer. I knew a guy who wrote a story about a woman and her daughter that switched places, like the woman went to school and the daughter stayed home...something like that.

I was kind of dreading hearing Wings live. I thought there'd be a bunch of drunk jackasses ruining it but actually I saw a few people really connecting with the song. It was kind of beautiful. They had a whole green and blue laser show that went with it and they nailed it! It was amazing, I have a whole new respect for those songs and I always skip them when I listen to the album. Anyone else ever do that? Observe people connect with the songs? Its an experience to watch =)
Old 12-11-2007, 12:40 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

Lucky show number 7 for me =) I'm becoming a veteran....Had to go to this show by myself-wasn't able to get more than 1 ticket off ticketmaster but 1 Tool ticket was better than none. I had heard there was originally supposed to be 2 shows at Nokia but then they changed the second night to San Francisco?

Sat next to a really cool ex-marine dude who let me use his binoculars. You rule man =) I'd buy you a beer if I saw you again. Trans-Am was much better than I thought they would be. Better than any other Tool opener I've seen anyway. Vocals were mediocre but the drummer was awesome. During the Lateralus drum off, he seemed like a Danny Carey protege. I thought the theater itself was pretty cool. It was a perfect place to watch the laser show. Last year I went to the Oakland show and stood in the very front and I kind of missed it. Every Tool veteran has to try that at least once.

Man, out of the 7 times I've seen them this was by far the best laser show and I was totally sober. I was a bit jealous of all those people around me trippin' balls...by I don't do that stuff anymore =( They had these red, white, blue, green circle lasers...it was crazy, you had to have been there.

Did anyone else think it was wierd that Maynard said something like: they know how to rock harder in San Francisco, or they are louder in San Francisco! Um, I thought the San Francisco show was tomarrow? Also, he said something: I heard theres a writers strike: bummer. I knew a guy who wrote a story about a woman and her daughter that switched places, like the woman went to school and the daughter stayed home...something like that.

I was kind of dreading hearing Wings live. I thought there'd be a bunch of drunk jackasses ruining it but actually I saw a few people really connecting with the song. It was kind of beautiful. They had a whole green and blue laser show that went with it and they nailed it! It was amazing, I have a whole new respect for those songs and I always skip them when I listen to the album. Anyone else ever do that? Observe people connect with the songs? Its an experience to watch =)
OFFLINE |