View Single Post
pryingopenmybrowneye's Avatar pryingopenmybrowneye
12-05-2007, 04:37 PM

This was my 3rd tool show, all shows were from the 10,000 days tour. I saw them at the paramount where the sound kicked ass I don't care what anyone says, my ovaries were ROCKED. Then again I was ROCKED at the Gorge, anyone that goes to a show at the gorge and has a bad time is a miserable twat cuz the atmosphere is just perfect. I was sort of anxious for the arena show, I haven't seen many good ones and wasn't sure what to expect... I was not disappointed.

There's something different about a crowd of TOOLies that I can't quite put my finger on, but it's definitely a cool atmosphere... chill and yet still crazy as all hell. I just sat back and watched the sea of TOOLS stroll in... all different types of people from your emo goth rockers to the "wish i was a gangster" white boy thugs, to the earthy poncho wearing inscence burner smelling new agers. It was pretty awesome to watch the musical bridges being built ... I guess I don't get out to enough shows =p

I was blown away by the amount of lighting they had and just the way they had everything set up. So many very cool effects, lasers, screens, fog machines, people in labcoats and brainwashing technology (lol)... I guess that's what years of touring does for your stage show huh... up to 5 or was it 6 trucks of shit ? lol

I peed a little into my pants more than once last night ... when I heard the flood intro I think I scared a bunch of people in my section, sorry =x I can't hep it. I peed again when they played wings, and then again when they rocked lateralus (and anyone reading this that's going to the portland show tonight, I'd suggest arriving early I dunno who they were but before Trans Am came out there was some jammin that was pretty rockin...)

all in all I was thoroughly entertained, my buttocks are sore, and I had to change my pants when I got back to the Holiday Inn... which, by the way reader, for your tour notes, had a shuttle running from the hotel to the event center every half an hour or so which was way convenient for drunkeness... no bus back from the show, but it's only like a half mile walk back.

oh and I think the dedication of flood was "to the runners up of the make a wish foundation formerly known as seattle" ... or something like that... it was tough to hear maynard at times, which might have been intentional.

I def. would say any tool fan NEEDS to see an arena venue, the visuals were awesome, I'm stoked about being sober enough to keep my eyes open and actually remember shit from this show!
Old 12-05-2007, 04:37 PM   #18
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: Dec 04 Everett, WA Everett Events Center

This was my 3rd tool show, all shows were from the 10,000 days tour. I saw them at the paramount where the sound kicked ass I don't care what anyone says, my ovaries were ROCKED. Then again I was ROCKED at the Gorge, anyone that goes to a show at the gorge and has a bad time is a miserable twat cuz the atmosphere is just perfect. I was sort of anxious for the arena show, I haven't seen many good ones and wasn't sure what to expect... I was not disappointed.

There's something different about a crowd of TOOLies that I can't quite put my finger on, but it's definitely a cool atmosphere... chill and yet still crazy as all hell. I just sat back and watched the sea of TOOLS stroll in... all different types of people from your emo goth rockers to the "wish i was a gangster" white boy thugs, to the earthy poncho wearing inscence burner smelling new agers. It was pretty awesome to watch the musical bridges being built ... I guess I don't get out to enough shows =p

I was blown away by the amount of lighting they had and just the way they had everything set up. So many very cool effects, lasers, screens, fog machines, people in labcoats and brainwashing technology (lol)... I guess that's what years of touring does for your stage show huh... up to 5 or was it 6 trucks of shit ? lol

I peed a little into my pants more than once last night ... when I heard the flood intro I think I scared a bunch of people in my section, sorry =x I can't hep it. I peed again when they played wings, and then again when they rocked lateralus (and anyone reading this that's going to the portland show tonight, I'd suggest arriving early I dunno who they were but before Trans Am came out there was some jammin that was pretty rockin...)

all in all I was thoroughly entertained, my buttocks are sore, and I had to change my pants when I got back to the Holiday Inn... which, by the way reader, for your tour notes, had a shuttle running from the hotel to the event center every half an hour or so which was way convenient for drunkeness... no bus back from the show, but it's only like a half mile walk back.

oh and I think the dedication of flood was "to the runners up of the make a wish foundation formerly known as seattle" ... or something like that... it was tough to hear maynard at times, which might have been intentional.

I def. would say any tool fan NEEDS to see an arena venue, the visuals were awesome, I'm stoked about being sober enough to keep my eyes open and actually remember shit from this show!