View Single Post
cdntool7
07-11-2007, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
We couldn't hear Maynard... We were crushed against the barrier, right up front... The bass was WAY TOO FUCKING LOUD, and we couldn't hear Maynard AT ALL... I was wondering if any of you heard Maynard better from the back of the venue...

Other than that, it was a regular Tool show... Great performances, amazing visuals and same old shitty setlist.

I was in section 114 mid way up and I thought the sound mix was actually pretty good. The is the sacrifice/risk you make when you get up front, and that is why I like to sit back slightly to get better sound. So, yes I could hear Maynard, especially the second half of the show.

I was probably one of the older persons at the show - early 40's - and made the trip from ottawa. I LOVE going to MTL for concerts - it is no secret that when the Bell Centre is full and the performance is great, it is simply the loudest venue in North America - U2 has confirmed this on their last two tours. I was surprised that the show was not sold out, however. I would have thought that Tool was exactly the sort of band that would do extremely well in MTL. Hamilton sold out in 30 minutes. Strange.

Great show, great band.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:19 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/10 - Montreal, QC - Bell Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
We couldn't hear Maynard... We were crushed against the barrier, right up front... The bass was WAY TOO FUCKING LOUD, and we couldn't hear Maynard AT ALL... I was wondering if any of you heard Maynard better from the back of the venue...

Other than that, it was a regular Tool show... Great performances, amazing visuals and same old shitty setlist.

I was in section 114 mid way up and I thought the sound mix was actually pretty good. The is the sacrifice/risk you make when you get up front, and that is why I like to sit back slightly to get better sound. So, yes I could hear Maynard, especially the second half of the show.

I was probably one of the older persons at the show - early 40's - and made the trip from ottawa. I LOVE going to MTL for concerts - it is no secret that when the Bell Centre is full and the performance is great, it is simply the loudest venue in North America - U2 has confirmed this on their last two tours. I was surprised that the show was not sold out, however. I would have thought that Tool was exactly the sort of band that would do extremely well in MTL. Hamilton sold out in 30 minutes. Strange.

Great show, great band.
OFFLINE |