View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 07:00 PM   #40
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
This is a very intersesting theory. I have justb recently discovered Fight Club. It was recomended by a friend; who coinsedently introduced me to Tool. The movie blew me away. I had never really thought at all aout the connection, but once it was said I noticed a few things that i thought I would share. One thing I notcied right aay was the relation with Jimmy. The song obviously is about being abandonment. I have heard that it refers to Maynard's mother leaving him, but I'm not sure. That song reminded me greatly of the movie. Jack was not only abndoned by his father but also by Tyler. Also, there is a lot of talk about leting go of God, which could relate to Eulogy. In Push-It the "remember I'll always lo you, as i claw your f*ck*ng throat away" line just reminds me f the "fight club" itself. All of the men have no grudge against each other or anything; they fight not to hurt each other but rather to help. With Forty Six an Two could relate as well. When tey are fighting they are kind of "shedding their skin" and letting "the chains come down" and gaining this ...greater sense. Well, I don't think that there is any direct connection either. Both just share similar ideas. Whether you admit it or not, though, everyone wants it to be true. But i quess we can always dream, huh.