View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 07:26 AM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/12/04 - Leipzig, GER - Leipzig Arena

Awesome show, just mindblowing. This was my first Tool show, but after seeing such an awesome show, I would say, it will be not the last. The laser show and the videos were perfect, I've never seen such good effects on a concert. The setlist was good, although I would have found it better if they left out Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned for Third Eye or Right in Two. My favorites on the show were Sober(with the incredible solo of Phil from Motorhead), Lateralus and Aenima. I was a bit disappointed because they didn't play some additional songs.

The supporting band, Mastodon, was ok. Their music is great (they are one of my favorite bands after Tool), but the audio was bad in my opinion. The bass was much too loud (it was so loud that the earth was shaking) and in some parts during Circle of Cysqatch, Colony of Birchmen, Capillarian Crest and The Wolf is Loose I couldn't understand the lyrics.

The audience disappointed me. Nearly no one moved when Mastodon was on stage, and as Tool began to play, only few changed. Most of the people there were just standing there, smoking or drinking, with only few between them who moved.

Awesome show, hope to see them again sometime.