View Single Post
WhyLand's Avatar WhyLand
08-04-2009, 02:39 PM

Hello all :) First post... and amazingly this was also my first T00L show. I've seen every other band I could ever want 10 times over, leaving T00L as the lone remaining band I felt I "had" to see before I died. (A tad dramatic, but not much...). Anyway, took care of that situation with this show in VA on Thursday. It was fantastic. Personally, if I was too "Fan out", and pledge allegiance, it would be to Scott Weiland & STP (if that's not apparent :). I LOVE what Weiland does on stage (not to mention the other factors that lead to his inspiring me). That said, T00L is basically the absolute ANTITHESIS of STP live. STP plays 18 songs, and nearly everyone is a radio hit sing-a-long party. T00L with their extended brilliance, play 10 in contrast. While @ STP, you can't take your eyes off Weiland (whether you're a guy or girl, he's just a total Rockstar), and while watching T00L, you sometimes never get to lay your eyes ON Maynard. My whole point being, I love what T00L is doing. I always have. I COMPLETELY appreciate the evolution in their art. And I REALLY loved the live show, loved how Maynard stayed in the dark back by Danny...playing his role as just another instrument in the production, rather than "Front Man". I love diversity, and T00L covers "that other" end of the spectrum for me, and boy do they ever do it well. I know a lot of fans apparently were upset by the lack of changes in the setlist this tour, compared to last (essentially the same, I'm hearing?). I do understand people being upset by it. Although, STP's sets rarely change on tour, give or take a song rotation or two at most. This summer STP did play about 6 or 7 song's they weren't playing last summer though, but had they not, and had they played the same exact set as last summer, I would've been totally fine with it. With them each time you get it all. Get what you want. I guess since T00L can only play 10 song's live, that REALLY leaves so many song's potentially unplayed, and that leads to understandable frustration. Seeing it in that light, it definitely makes more sense. Initially, I was going to say that it's a wonderful thing to still have these bands together, much less playing @ the level they are live. In hind-sight now, with "only" a 10 song set, yeah, it would irritate me a little I suppose. There's so many song's by them you want to hear live, and they really have the potential of making every show infinitely different than the last (beyond the digitial images looped on the screens)... anyway that's more than enough rambling out of me, especially for a 1st post, and without any paragraphs or formatting what-so-ever. All Apologies :) ~ T00L ROCKS!!!~ (I can't turn Aenema off. Or Forty-Six & 2. or Parabola, which I wish they had played!!!). Okay. Peace
Old 08-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #55
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.30.09 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center

Hello all :) First post... and amazingly this was also my first T00L show. I've seen every other band I could ever want 10 times over, leaving T00L as the lone remaining band I felt I "had" to see before I died. (A tad dramatic, but not much...). Anyway, took care of that situation with this show in VA on Thursday. It was fantastic. Personally, if I was too "Fan out", and pledge allegiance, it would be to Scott Weiland & STP (if that's not apparent :). I LOVE what Weiland does on stage (not to mention the other factors that lead to his inspiring me). That said, T00L is basically the absolute ANTITHESIS of STP live. STP plays 18 songs, and nearly everyone is a radio hit sing-a-long party. T00L with their extended brilliance, play 10 in contrast. While @ STP, you can't take your eyes off Weiland (whether you're a guy or girl, he's just a total Rockstar), and while watching T00L, you sometimes never get to lay your eyes ON Maynard. My whole point being, I love what T00L is doing. I always have. I COMPLETELY appreciate the evolution in their art. And I REALLY loved the live show, loved how Maynard stayed in the dark back by Danny...playing his role as just another instrument in the production, rather than "Front Man". I love diversity, and T00L covers "that other" end of the spectrum for me, and boy do they ever do it well. I know a lot of fans apparently were upset by the lack of changes in the setlist this tour, compared to last (essentially the same, I'm hearing?). I do understand people being upset by it. Although, STP's sets rarely change on tour, give or take a song rotation or two at most. This summer STP did play about 6 or 7 song's they weren't playing last summer though, but had they not, and had they played the same exact set as last summer, I would've been totally fine with it. With them each time you get it all. Get what you want. I guess since T00L can only play 10 song's live, that REALLY leaves so many song's potentially unplayed, and that leads to understandable frustration. Seeing it in that light, it definitely makes more sense. Initially, I was going to say that it's a wonderful thing to still have these bands together, much less playing @ the level they are live. In hind-sight now, with "only" a 10 song set, yeah, it would irritate me a little I suppose. There's so many song's by them you want to hear live, and they really have the potential of making every show infinitely different than the last (beyond the digitial images looped on the screens)... anyway that's more than enough rambling out of me, especially for a 1st post, and without any paragraphs or formatting what-so-ever. All Apologies :) ~ T00L ROCKS!!!~ (I can't turn Aenema off. Or Forty-Six & 2. or Parabola, which I wish they had played!!!). Okay. Peace
OFFLINE |