View Single Post
Rotating_Energy_Field's Avatar Rotating_Energy_Field
08-30-2007, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblobob View Post
After digesting this a little bit and going back to the stereoscopic images, I think that this interpretation is the closest to uncover something.

First we have the question: What is the reversed tarot card?
Then the answer: The lovers.

Now why??

Well, if you think a little bit about the songs on Lateralus, (and everyother albums) Schism strikes me first because of the ending (supposed lovers...)

Now, Taken this song talks about "rediscovering communication", maybe the band wants to get closer to us, because they know the pieces fit. To back this, in the booklet of 10000 days, they show us all a little more of their personalities, maybe they want to know more about us too, thus creating this puzzle to unify us all, when 1(the band) and 1(the fans) are 1. From band and fans....to what we are all....humans.

Granted this, a LOT of lyrics backs this unity, so lets unite with the band once and for all!
This is actiually a really good point. I've always thought that the band have kept a distance from the fans in order to retain a relationship of equality beetween themselves and their audience. By shunning the life of rock stars, or celebrities, they have managed to maintain a certain level of integrity that results in the fans and the band being equal, thus making the music the focal point of what is a very unique relationship that is usually only found between an artist and an audience when people view his/her artwork without ever relating it to the artist as a person. This is why they get so upset during interviews when they're asked stupid questions that have nothing to do with the music, and instead about their personalities. They don't want us to know them, nor do they want to know us, they just want to share an experience that goes beyond everyone's egos.

Perhaps they are using the pictures to share certain personality traits that only the fans can relate to, instead of just telling journalists and letting the whole world know who they are.
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning the ET revealed to me his singular purpose; he said you are the chosen one, the one who will deliver the message, a message of hope for those who will listen and a warning for those who do not. Me, the chosen one! They chose me and I didn't even graduate from fuckin' high school!
Old 08-30-2007, 05:41 AM   #25
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: I may have solved the puzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblobob View Post
After digesting this a little bit and going back to the stereoscopic images, I think that this interpretation is the closest to uncover something.

First we have the question: What is the reversed tarot card?
Then the answer: The lovers.

Now why??

Well, if you think a little bit about the songs on Lateralus, (and everyother albums) Schism strikes me first because of the ending (supposed lovers...)

Now, Taken this song talks about "rediscovering communication", maybe the band wants to get closer to us, because they know the pieces fit. To back this, in the booklet of 10000 days, they show us all a little more of their personalities, maybe they want to know more about us too, thus creating this puzzle to unify us all, when 1(the band) and 1(the fans) are 1. From band and fans....to what we are all....humans.

Granted this, a LOT of lyrics backs this unity, so lets unite with the band once and for all!
This is actiually a really good point. I've always thought that the band have kept a distance from the fans in order to retain a relationship of equality beetween themselves and their audience. By shunning the life of rock stars, or celebrities, they have managed to maintain a certain level of integrity that results in the fans and the band being equal, thus making the music the focal point of what is a very unique relationship that is usually only found between an artist and an audience when people view his/her artwork without ever relating it to the artist as a person. This is why they get so upset during interviews when they're asked stupid questions that have nothing to do with the music, and instead about their personalities. They don't want us to know them, nor do they want to know us, they just want to share an experience that goes beyond everyone's egos.

Perhaps they are using the pictures to share certain personality traits that only the fans can relate to, instead of just telling journalists and letting the whole world know who they are.
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning the ET revealed to me his singular purpose; he said you are the chosen one, the one who will deliver the message, a message of hope for those who will listen and a warning for those who do not. Me, the chosen one! They chose me and I didn't even graduate from fuckin' high school!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote