View Single Post
mulletron2084
07-10-2007, 10:43 AM

5th time seeing TOOL. Sat way up in the 2nd deck, as far up as you can get. I thought the concert was 100X louder on the 24th than this one but that's only because I was sitting dead centre in the lower bowl and was MUCH closer the last time around. The trade-off was that everything sounded crystal clear this time, including Maynard. Just pure TOOL goodness...

I thought I was going to crap my fuckin' pants when they played Flood! And to top it off, they go from Flood into that cover song and then right back into Flood again! I know everyone is saying they stuck some Kids in the Hall song in the middle but I still don't recognize it. Anytime I think of that show, I think of "these are the Daves I know I know..." and I know it definitely wasn't it. Or was it?!

Anyways, great time out. Had my woman along for the ride this time, so that was awesome. And just when you think they can't get any better live, eh! Crowd was into it from the get go, interesting mix of people in the crowd as always.

Highlights were the aforementioned FLOOD! and definitely Lateralus. Lets hope it's not another 5 years before we can see them again. That's why I thought I'd load up with the 2 shows in 2 weeks, heh heh. Actually, fuck it! I'll go see them anytime they're in our fuckin time zone. Later punks.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:43 AM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/09 - Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum

5th time seeing TOOL. Sat way up in the 2nd deck, as far up as you can get. I thought the concert was 100X louder on the 24th than this one but that's only because I was sitting dead centre in the lower bowl and was MUCH closer the last time around. The trade-off was that everything sounded crystal clear this time, including Maynard. Just pure TOOL goodness...

I thought I was going to crap my fuckin' pants when they played Flood! And to top it off, they go from Flood into that cover song and then right back into Flood again! I know everyone is saying they stuck some Kids in the Hall song in the middle but I still don't recognize it. Anytime I think of that show, I think of "these are the Daves I know I know..." and I know it definitely wasn't it. Or was it?!

Anyways, great time out. Had my woman along for the ride this time, so that was awesome. And just when you think they can't get any better live, eh! Crowd was into it from the get go, interesting mix of people in the crowd as always.

Highlights were the aforementioned FLOOD! and definitely Lateralus. Lets hope it's not another 5 years before we can see them again. That's why I thought I'd load up with the 2 shows in 2 weeks, heh heh. Actually, fuck it! I'll go see them anytime they're in our fuckin time zone. Later punks.
OFFLINE |