View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 10:48 AM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/29 - Barcelona, ESP - Razmataz

i've just arrived from Barcelona...

and the only way i can think of for describing last night's show with the least number of words is only 4 words long: "flawless, but too short"

they sounded awesome, massive, huge! incredibly powerful sound (my chest is still hurting because of the lows), yet crystal clear (except when Maynard used his megaphone, obviously :P )... no techical/musical/technological mistakes, no "i'd like some[whatever instrument] more", nothing of that...

anyway, as some people said, it was too short (1h20... started at 21:50 and finished at 23:10, approx.), even more not having opening act (not even a Spanish band)... i heard they are not playing The Pot because it's a hard song to sing, but i would've thanked a couple more songs (dunno... Prison Sex or Parabola, to name a couple of songs that aren't too much to ask for, like the salival version of Pushit would be), or at least a proper DJ (not someone playing a couple of Meshuggah songs -back to back, as if they just put the CD in and pushed play- and a couple of electronic music that sounded like being played directly from a compilation)

oh, and i agree with the security issue, saying it was overwhelming (they were even frisking everyone at the venue's entrance)... i understand the band's point (maynard saying that he doesn't like to be singing, and having some smartass blinding him with his camera flash, not "stealing" their music taping it, or whatever), but i think it is excessive how they carry that type of things (at some shows from other people, they specifically state that photo cameras are allowed, but without flash)...

all in all... i think this will in deed be one of the best shows of the year, unless they come back over here to do a longer show... ;)