View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 07:42 PM   #21
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8
Re: 2006/08/27 - George, WA - Gorge Amphitheatre

Well everyone pretty much summed it up, it was an amazing show. That was the tightest I have ever heard tool play. I was up on the grassy knoll, with a bunch of the drunkest idiots ever, but it was still amazing. Hearing the songs from the new album put them into a different light, like Rossetta stoned, jesus that song is insane. The slow down of Opiate was cool, although adam got a little lost, and came in early and then got scared and didn't play.
I also liked how Justin changed the sober riff, gave it a different feel and they completely owned that song.
I also liked how they sped up the Schism breakdown, with Justin and his whammy pedal and delay speed set fast, then they broke off and adam was playing it normal speed, it rocked my socks off, literally.

The sea of lighters was really cool, I got some shitty shots with my camera phone, but would love to see some quality pics. Well worth the drive, and I would drive even further to see them again, which it looks like I am going to have to.

Last edited by Choler; 08-28-2006 at 07:52 PM..
OFFLINE |