View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 02:23 PM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2006/08/27 - George, WA - Gorge Amphitheatre

drove from Seattle, got there a bit late after setting up camp (about 9 we were in line for our GA seats (section B, row 35). having to stand in line just to get into GA for a good 20 minutes fubarred any chance of getting to our seats before the boys come out to play. luckily the security folks at the Gorge were total assholes and refused to help my friend and myself find our seats (cuz you know, its pretty easy to find the handwritten numbers on the backs of chairs in the dark). ended up standing at the end of a row until a knobjob of a fuckface security guard came over and told us to scoot. we talked to 3 seperate security folks to try and help us find our row, but since they all elected to be totally useless, we ended up milling around the outskirts of the GA area. i know we should have gotten there earlier, but still, you pay $70 for a specific seat and the people working at the venue refuse to be of any assistance, and in fact do an about-face and act like total pricks. whatever...that'll be my last Gorge show.

my venom-filled rant now complete, the show was incredible. the middle part of Schism was the highlight....Adam breakin' out the whoopin' stick, not to mention Danny going ape-poopey for the same section. The Pot, Rosetta and Opiate were my personal favs...and did anyone else think that they slowed down parts of Jambi a bit? maybe it was just me.

the overall setlist was great. you know they've got quite a few hits that they'll play (Sober/Prison Sex, Aenima, Stinkfist, Schism), the highlights of the newest album, and a treat or 2 thrown in. lucky for us Opiate was our treat...although i was really hoping for some Bottom, Crawl Away, Swamp Song or Undertow. they do a good job of throwing in something from each album. the only one song they did not play that i wanted to see was Eulogy. the one thing i did this time that i did not in the past was i decided not to read any reviews of their current tour, or any of the set-lists. it is nice to be somewhat surprised as opposed to knowing what song is coming next.

...oh yeah, and the y'ak-off's that were blasting their stereo all night in the campground...what the fuck? you go see the greatest band on earth, then listen to Korn and some rap shit all night?!? are you trying to wash the good music out of your head, or what? made no sense to me (on a similar note, if i ever hear Korn's cover of "One" again, i might just stab out my own eardrums with a letter opener.
OFFLINE |