View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 11:11 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/27 - George, WA - Gorge Amphitheatre

Absolutely amazing experience. My first Tool show, but not my first gorge experience. I felt that the performance itself was spot on outstanding, with the overall highlight being an awesome version of Opiate. Though I was a little irritated with what seemed to be a trailer park communion forming right in front of me, I was happy to see them disperse when TOOL first said Goodnight, not knowing they would be missing the last leg of the concert. Not much else I can say that others have not. But in regards to people complaining about the setlist, you've got to realize that the Gorge is not your normal venue. Most people drive at LEAST 3 hours to get there, then wait another 4+ hours for the show to start, also it has almost become a Gorge expectation for artists to play longer than usual sets. So I can understand why people would be a little dissapointed that they ended up waiting in the parking lot to get out for a longer time than Tool performed. But hey, although the setlist was tried and true, and for the most part short, it didn't fail to impress at any moment. Though I would die to see a Led-Zeppelin style 3+ hour setlist with some 20+ minute songs, in the end, all the waiting, driving, and drunken white trash, paid off because tool is one of the best bands performing as of now........BUT they COULD be the BEST.
OFFLINE |