View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 09:34 AM   #6
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7
Re: 2006/08/27 - George, WA - Gorge Amphitheatre

Beautiful, beautiful show.

Isis rocked my world. So glad I was introduced to them this way - definitely gonna get some of their CDs. Like Tool, when they come up with a good musical idea, they don't rush it - they take their time with it, enjoy it, play with it.

Tool ruined all other concerts for me... simply amazing.
"Blah blah blabbity blah."

"Let me introduce you...Gorge, Seattle. Seattle, Gorge."

"This song is dedicated to Kevin Willis, it's his birthday today; and to our favorite word... vagina."

"Peace - out."

Stinkfist was the extended version (very glad to get to hear that)

Included lost keys (blame hofmann) as the intro to Rosetta Stoned; they had the guitar tech onstage dressed in one of those doctor's lab coats.

Sober had that Merkaba intro, but shorter and much tighter than the actual "Merkaba".

Schism felt like they did something new, or maybe I just heard it in a new light. It felt like Adam was doubletiming it towards the end, just blazing along - awesome. Very cool to sit as close as I did and see him with the talkbox on Jambi. Being that close gave me a good look at his use of the looper/ phrase sampler pedals for Forty Six & 2 / Sober, etc. to repeat the main phrase and play the squeals / dissonance / feedback / Tool awesomeness over it.

Opiate they were playing with, that was righteous. Slowed down a bridge in the middle, savoring it. The lyrics came twice as slow: "If you want to get your soul to heaven..." and the audience chanted the next part as Maynard shook his head 'no.' They finished the measure instrumentally, and *then* the : "Trust in me, don't judge or question." Still the audience rushing along to the next line, but again the patient instrumental end to the measure, making us wait: "You are broken now, but faith can heal you..."

Felt like there were three encores, with Lateralus, Vicarious, and then Ænema. I was in heaven the whole show. This set list just kicks ass. An amazing flow to the entire experience.

Thanks, guys.
OFFLINE |