View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 08:10 AM   #70
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

After having attended (4) shows in 2006 I must invite you to the following summary of my time spent with our four friends:

Tower Theater Philadelphia PA - May 17th 2006:

In much anticipation to the return of TOOL since August 2002 (Sovereign Bank Arena/Trenton NJ) this show was a long time coming. I scored a 5th row left center stage ticket from Gus at Ticketmaster (thanks Gus). The Tower Theater offers intimacy and a personal performance that the Tweeter Center, Wachovia Arena or Nassau Coliseum can't touch. This show was exactly what I expected, but a whole lot different than the good old days. I'm not used to actually seeing Maynard (blue man/woman). The set list was previously listed back in May. I thought the set list was great in support of the release of 10,000 days. Jambi live is so powerful only hearing it for yourself will give you an idea of what I mean. The show was simply divine and I am grateful for having been a part of this experience. Any true fan would not have missed this show at any expense! Allow me to give a big fuck you to our local rock station 93.3 WMMR. Specifically Preston and Steve for coming up with the most lame way to give out 1st row tickets to this show. The contest was to name the biggest "TOOL" of the year which pretty much guaranteed this once in a lifetime ticket to go to someone who has no appreciation of this band. What the fuck are you thinking Preston and Steve? How about band trivia or song noodles or anything related to "TOOL" you dumb fucking retards? Preston and Steve must DIE!

Tweeter Center Camden NJ -September 28th 2006:

First and foremost the Tweeter Center in Camden New Jersey is a shit hole!
It always has been and always will be. It sucks period! Don't let anyone tell you different.

I purchased Section 203 Row E Seats 5-6 from Ticketmaster but was not happy with this location. Knowing I could easly unload these seats, I contacted my Top Secret ticket connection for the Tweeter Center and purchased Section 102 Row D Seats 15-16 (yes - 4th row center stage). I love these seats! Not having gone to the Wilkes Barre, PA show or Nassau Coliseum, NY show yet I thougth this show was good but did not compare to the Philly show on 5/17. Other than my killer seats the show was just ok at no fault to TOOL. The band performed well and sounded well. The set list was previously listed. The fact is Camden sucks. The city, the venue, the acoustics, the murder capital of the world all suck. The so called fans had no passion. NO PASSION! It was bad, really bad. Camden sucks and to top it off this is my "home town" venue. Just 15 miles from home. Hope you had fun Courtney!

Wilkes-Barre PA - October 2nd 2006:

What a fuckin show! No that's what I'm talking about. PASSION, PASSION, and more PASSION. Here is the place to find some real TOOL fans (are you with me Camden?). Good job you mountain dwelling people! I got myself totally juiced up on Captain Morgan and Coke's with a bunch of lime and found myself indulged in some other natural herbal pleasures. I scored another great seat from Ticketmaster Section 103 Row G Seat 8. This seat was actually closer than the 4th row at Camden (no Pit). This show was the BEST (so far)! The band, the fans, the venue, the full moon..........fuck yes! Jambi and Rosetta Stoned live is better than pussy. What more do I need to say? Wings Part II - extra ordinary!
I love this place. The Wachovia Arena rules! The set list was the same as previous nights. This show truly kicked my ass! Thanks TOOL. Thanks Wilkes Barre.

Nassau Coliseum NY - October 7th 2006:

First and foremost Fuck the Giants, Fuck the Devils, and Fuck the Rangers too!
Secondly - MJK quote "see you in the spring"! They'll be back!!!

Another compelling performance just like the Wilkes Barre show. These New Yorkers know how to rock! Every single person in this Coliseum had their hands in the air and were singing the songs. PASSION! I loved every minute of it. The band too were on a higher level than any other show. This was the last show in the USA for 2006 and I was there! First time in the Coliseum and won't be my last. The venue's acoustics were excellent just located 34 rows from stage. I was on the floor in Section C1 Row 34. Thanks TOOL and Thanks to N.Y. for a great night! Hope you had fun Chipper!

Thanks TDN!

Bye for now my friends! See you in Spring/2007!
OFFLINE |