View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 05:11 PM   #60
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

Alrighty then, i pull up into Nassau after getting some KFC. Look around and there's a bunch of tailgaters haha. I knew some of them was you guys from TDN but the excitment of seeing Tool lured me away from joining in. I parked in the lot by the entrance. Saw some guys making smoke with their grill. Then a guy pulls up with Nirvana blasting. So that drove me away from the parking lot lol.

Anyways, i make my way in and soon discover there are a lot of metal heads there lol. Wierd people with wierd clothing is all i'm gonna say. Then i look to my right and see WAY over priced merchandise. No surpise there but i got a surpise at people buying it lol. I'm thankful i got a 10k tour t-shirt for 10$ outside.

Ok so i make my way into the actual coliseum and got seated right when IsIs was playing. They were okay, not a big fan though. Just kept me entertained for the short 30mins.

During the intermission of IsIs-Tool i see this kid with...pink pants with like a tight pink shirt on the floor. what was with that lol that's like asking for an ass whooping or crave for attention.

Anyways, Tool finally comes on stage and everyone goes nuts. Maynard then stating "Jersey was louder" which made me chuckle. Let's get into the songs.

Stinkfist was great! i never heard the extended verison. It was really cool though. Superb opening. Like all the songs they played, it sounded as good an album!

The Pot was pretty good. Sounded just like the album. Maynard paused in the beginning, i guess for thr audience to sing along? Not sure lol

Forty Six & 2 was done very well.

Jambi was AWESOME! They nailed everything!

Schism was even AWESOMER!! lol The drum solo in the middle? Holy fucking shit. That was intense!

Lost Keys+Rosetta Stoned was okay. I mean the beginning i couldnt hear him. but everything else was superb. The ending was done nicely.

Wings For Marie+10,000 Days was the best for the 10k album IMO. The laser show was fucking awesome. If you were on LSD, i think you'd shit your pants. But i loved when at the end of the song, they took a break and sat down with each other and EVERY NEW YORKER held their lighter up. We had such a great audience. Kinda made me want to cry for Tool because of the emotions they have for the song.

Lateralus was my favorite. It's my favorite song and they did it better than the album! I liked when Adam ended it too early and maynard looked over and was like WTF?! haha. But all the rest was fucking great.

Vicarious was sweet. I knew they weren't done yet!

Was it over? HELL NO! Aenima comes blasting in and it sounded fucking amazing. what a great closing. But then we saw Adam take his guitar off at the end so we all knew to rush the fuck out lol

So after the show, we're waiting in traffic and just say fuck it and go over the curb to the exit haha if you saw the green Ford hop over it and hear a bang. that was me :P

i must say we had a great audience. Thanks to all the people!

Last edited by Chronicle0; 10-08-2006 at 05:51 PM..
OFFLINE |