View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 01:59 PM   #55
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by myendistheroad View Post
I disagree wholeheartedly. The video screens on the Lateralus Tour were not a huge stage, they were two screens that on either side of the band and they didn't take my focus off the music. There was in no way more shit going on on the stage than this show. And Lasers? I don't see any artistic expression in Lasers, nor a screen-stage that was so dizzying I wound up watching the hockey scoreboard screen half the show...I see all that as Tool giving up on their plight to expand people's mind purely through art and music, thus making the show a spectacle.

and to alter my conscious at that show? If I was drunk I would have gotten so dizzy I would have spewed all over the couple in front of me. If I was tripping I may have taken a nose dive off of the 300 section to put myself out of my misery that would have been caused by too much light stimulation. Tool, IMO, is a band to see sober and even still I think I have epilepsy (sp?).

Tool still rocks though, bottom line is that I'm complaining about an experience that I still believe everyone should have.

Valid points. But what about the backdrop they used all the artwork hanging from the ceiling the two orbs that poped up on either side in the middle of the set. There was way more going on there but it was spread out across a bigger distance. I suppose all of that shit going on right on top of one another at this show could make you kind bug eyed.

Either way, I agree with you though even a bad tool show is a FUCKING TOOL SHOW!
OFFLINE |