View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 12:58 AM   #28
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/07 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine000 View Post
It was the very beggining of 10000 days, Maynard didnt even say one word. Too me, it seemed pretty obvious that he was emotional about sharing the song with us. The vulnerability of the song and sharing it with thousands of people must be truly overwhelming. The reason that I think that he was overcome emotionally was because the usual maynard who is gyrating and dancing around his box was just hunched over his keyboard singing into the microphone. Thank you Maynard, Justin, Adam, and Danny for sharing wings with us. It was truly amazing.

I know everyone is all about wings right now but I just had to also say:
Did anyone else notice all the new visuals??? There was alot of new 10000 days artwork incorporated into lateralus and vicarious. Indeed a vicarious teaser??? Anyways, I saw alot of new visuals and it was awesome!!!
The visuals for 1000 days were pretty good too with the sky and the clouds running by and the crazy zoned out thing at the end.
Yes i knoticed the new visuals as well. The odd thing with the clouds racing on the screen, is that is what i had originally envisioned when listening to the song on my first listenings of the album... Just the tempo of 10,000 days just has this ominous feeling of ticking time... I still send my utmost gratitude to Maynard and the band for looking wthin themselves "for a comfortable space, that is not only comfortable, but also vulnerable" and thus of not only sharing, but giving us the blessed opportunity to witness this performance.
OFFLINE |