View Single Post
Seven Deep's Avatar Seven Deep
11-04-2019, 02:54 PM

Better than I expected. I came in feeling tainted being that my last show was on the 2002 fall tour. I expected a complete lack of energy or effort from at least half the band but things were pretty well on point and flowed fairly well. Wasn't really engaged by the first two songs chosen from Fear Inoculum, but I really found a better understanding of Invincible as it grew out of the intermission wake up that Danny gave us with CCT. The real highlight for me was Intolerance following into Forty Six and 2, even though I've heard both of em multiple times.

I guess my only real gripes are that you can truly hear the band's boredom with having to drag out Schism and Vicarious every single night. To be honest, I dont know who they're trying to appease with putting both in the setlist. I highly doubt a large portion of the audience are casuals left over from the days of Schism being on the radio, and anyone there who did get into the band around that time probably wanted to hear Lateralus, The Grudge, or even The Patient. But then again, people complained about certain songs being shoehorned into the setlist in 2002 as well. Cant win em all.

I'm sure if the band does a second leg in secondary venues the setlist will probably get some new life in it.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:54 PM   #6692
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2924
Re: General Tool Discussion

Better than I expected. I came in feeling tainted being that my last show was on the 2002 fall tour. I expected a complete lack of energy or effort from at least half the band but things were pretty well on point and flowed fairly well. Wasn't really engaged by the first two songs chosen from Fear Inoculum, but I really found a better understanding of Invincible as it grew out of the intermission wake up that Danny gave us with CCT. The real highlight for me was Intolerance following into Forty Six and 2, even though I've heard both of em multiple times.

I guess my only real gripes are that you can truly hear the band's boredom with having to drag out Schism and Vicarious every single night. To be honest, I dont know who they're trying to appease with putting both in the setlist. I highly doubt a large portion of the audience are casuals left over from the days of Schism being on the radio, and anyone there who did get into the band around that time probably wanted to hear Lateralus, The Grudge, or even The Patient. But then again, people complained about certain songs being shoehorned into the setlist in 2002 as well. Cant win em all.

I'm sure if the band does a second leg in secondary venues the setlist will probably get some new life in it.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote