View Single Post
BatteryMan's Avatar BatteryMan
12-05-2007, 10:48 AM

Last night was my third Tool concert and my first in over 5 years, the last time seeing them having been Oct. 2, 2002 @ Key Arena. I was quite impressed with Tool, and once again had an amazing experience seeing my favorite band perform live.

The setlist is the same as it has been the rest of the tour:

Jambi
(-)ions
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty Six & 2
Schism (w/intro & double-time section)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood w/full intro (and mini-jam session before reg. intro)
-Intermission-
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days (Wings Pt II)
Lateralus (extended with drum solo/battle)
Vicarious

My seats were in the second level, left side of the stage, so the sound was not the best. I could tell that the mixing was fine, but as there was only one stack of speakers pointing towards us, the sound in my section was kind of week. Luckily, I'm now a toolarmy member so next time I can just procure GA tickets with the presale option...but never again do I want to have mediocre seats at a Tool concert. Oh, and the cost of t-shirts was ridiculous $38? C'mon...but I bought one anyway :)

Other than that, no complaints. I was amazed to see that Tool could play 10 songs and yet still have a concert that lasts 2 hours. The visuals were great, saw some old visuals that were present during the Lateralus tours which I appreciated seeing again. I also enjoyed the addition of the lasers and some of the unique lighting (the skull w/fetus lights during Forty Six & 2, for example).

Maynard did a great job, especially for just getting over a viral infection in his throat.

I heard him dedicate "Flood" to somebody...according to other posts, it was to Paul D'Amour (born in Spokane, apparently lives in Seattle now). Quite an appropriate song to have considering the floods we have had this week. And also an amazing song to hear live...

What else can I say? It's tough to describe a Tool concert in words...rather than reading a description, one must experience a concert to truly know what Tool is like live.

I hope Tool returns to the Seattle area soon. See you on the other side...
Old 12-05-2007, 10:48 AM   #14
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: Dec 04 Everett, WA Everett Events Center

Last night was my third Tool concert and my first in over 5 years, the last time seeing them having been Oct. 2, 2002 @ Key Arena. I was quite impressed with Tool, and once again had an amazing experience seeing my favorite band perform live.

The setlist is the same as it has been the rest of the tour:

Jambi
(-)ions
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty Six & 2
Schism (w/intro & double-time section)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood w/full intro (and mini-jam session before reg. intro)
-Intermission-
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days (Wings Pt II)
Lateralus (extended with drum solo/battle)
Vicarious

My seats were in the second level, left side of the stage, so the sound was not the best. I could tell that the mixing was fine, but as there was only one stack of speakers pointing towards us, the sound in my section was kind of week. Luckily, I'm now a toolarmy member so next time I can just procure GA tickets with the presale option...but never again do I want to have mediocre seats at a Tool concert. Oh, and the cost of t-shirts was ridiculous $38? C'mon...but I bought one anyway :)

Other than that, no complaints. I was amazed to see that Tool could play 10 songs and yet still have a concert that lasts 2 hours. The visuals were great, saw some old visuals that were present during the Lateralus tours which I appreciated seeing again. I also enjoyed the addition of the lasers and some of the unique lighting (the skull w/fetus lights during Forty Six & 2, for example).

Maynard did a great job, especially for just getting over a viral infection in his throat.

I heard him dedicate "Flood" to somebody...according to other posts, it was to Paul D'Amour (born in Spokane, apparently lives in Seattle now). Quite an appropriate song to have considering the floods we have had this week. And also an amazing song to hear live...

What else can I say? It's tough to describe a Tool concert in words...rather than reading a description, one must experience a concert to truly know what Tool is like live.

I hope Tool returns to the Seattle area soon. See you on the other side...
OFFLINE |