View Single Post
yac03's Avatar yac03
09-09-2019, 05:38 AM

"Pneuma" really does stand out on this record for me, and many others, it seems. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I long for some vocal presence on the back half of "Descending." The song contains my favorite lyric on the record "mitigate the/our ruin, calling/call us all to arms and order." I love the lyric, and I love the variance in the melody in all three verses. For that reason, I wish there were even one small verse in that second movement. I don't want that to come off as a complaint, but that's what separates "Pneuma" from "Descending" as the favorite track on FI, for me. I think both could be in my Top 10 once the novelty wears off, though.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:38 AM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Has any of the new content made it into your tool top 5 or 10?

"Pneuma" really does stand out on this record for me, and many others, it seems. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I long for some vocal presence on the back half of "Descending." The song contains my favorite lyric on the record "mitigate the/our ruin, calling/call us all to arms and order." I love the lyric, and I love the variance in the melody in all three verses. For that reason, I wish there were even one small verse in that second movement. I don't want that to come off as a complaint, but that's what separates "Pneuma" from "Descending" as the favorite track on FI, for me. I think both could be in my Top 10 once the novelty wears off, though.