View Single Post
HelloImCarter
05-01-2006, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamadia
I know it's an APC song, but this song seems to refer to "The Nurse Who Loved Me." Think about it... in "Lost Keys" he says "say hello" and that is in "The Nurse Who Loved Me." In "The Nurse Who Loved Me" she had everything he needed, "Pharmacy Keys" (which I think refers to sustaining addiction). Perhaps lost keys could be a metaphor for getting clean and he is in the hospital to be rehibilitated. Just a thought.
Not saying that Maynard isn't making an allusion to that song, but FYI, TNWLM is originally a song from a band named Failure who toured with Tool back in, I believe, '96. It's entirely possible, given that Rosetta Stoned is a bunch of quotes and influences put together, but I think it might be a far-fetched stretch.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:32 PM   #28
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamadia
I know it's an APC song, but this song seems to refer to "The Nurse Who Loved Me." Think about it... in "Lost Keys" he says "say hello" and that is in "The Nurse Who Loved Me." In "The Nurse Who Loved Me" she had everything he needed, "Pharmacy Keys" (which I think refers to sustaining addiction). Perhaps lost keys could be a metaphor for getting clean and he is in the hospital to be rehibilitated. Just a thought.
Not saying that Maynard isn't making an allusion to that song, but FYI, TNWLM is originally a song from a band named Failure who toured with Tool back in, I believe, '96. It's entirely possible, given that Rosetta Stoned is a bunch of quotes and influences put together, but I think it might be a far-fetched stretch.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote