View Single Post
RiffBP
04-23-2006, 07:19 PM

sorry if this is old hat, but according to the distributor (Super D http://www.sdcd.com) i go through at work (CD Warehouse) the 10,000 Days slated for release on 5/16 is an import version. not sure which country as it's not specified, but it's probably the UK version.

"but riffbp! other countries don't get new releases on tuesdays!"

ahh! well played, mr. hoax/conspiracy theorist. the deal is that even if other countries get their version of the CD on a Saturday or a Monday, we won't be able to sell that version commercially in the US until AT LEAST the following Tuesday. usually, we can't even import it for another week or two after its local release date, at least not on the retail level. the wholesale level is a whole other quagmire that i'm not even going to try to wade through. hopefully this made sense, was informative, and wasn't already posted previously.

also, keep in mind that you may not be able to verify this info through the site i posted if you don't have an account with the company. i've never tried using the site without having logged in first.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
finally settling the 5/16 controversy

sorry if this is old hat, but according to the distributor (Super D http://www.sdcd.com) i go through at work (CD Warehouse) the 10,000 Days slated for release on 5/16 is an import version. not sure which country as it's not specified, but it's probably the UK version.

"but riffbp! other countries don't get new releases on tuesdays!"

ahh! well played, mr. hoax/conspiracy theorist. the deal is that even if other countries get their version of the CD on a Saturday or a Monday, we won't be able to sell that version commercially in the US until AT LEAST the following Tuesday. usually, we can't even import it for another week or two after its local release date, at least not on the retail level. the wholesale level is a whole other quagmire that i'm not even going to try to wade through. hopefully this made sense, was informative, and wasn't already posted previously.

also, keep in mind that you may not be able to verify this info through the site i posted if you don't have an account with the company. i've never tried using the site without having logged in first.