View Single Post
Sprry75's Avatar Sprry75
11-25-2007, 12:12 PM

FOAD, emericus, and eat shit all the way back to NC.

I thought it was a great show. I was in section 113, and the crowd was fantastic. It was my fifth time seeing them, and I'm glad they came through "Salt...Lake... City..." again, as I was a bit unimpressed with the August 29, 2006 show. Wings 1&2 live were phenomenal, and the laser show/interlude preceding Wings was really cool

Jambi's a great opener; Flood sounded great live (never really liked that song until last night), and Rosetta Stoned was absolutely killer. I like that song on the CD, but live, it opens up so much more. The entire band seemed in great spirits. There was much more interaction this time than any of the other times I've seen them. People who have seen multiple shows on this tour have bitched about the setlist, bit it's SOOO much better than what they played last time (although I would've liked to hear "The Pot" again), I loved it. All around, a solid 9/10.

That's my third time seeing them at the E Center (fifth overall), once was for the July Lateralus show, and I had GA and was about five feet from the stage security trench, and the sound was awesome, if deafening. The next was last year's August show, and I was row 22 on the floor. That sound then was a little muggy. This time, I was up on Adam's side on row 17, and the sound was incredible. There were times that Maynard's voice was a little drowned out by the music at its loudest. I think that with the E Center, like a lot of larger venues, the sound is different depending on where you are.

A few of the comments I remember...

"Salt...Lake...City...it's been awhile."

"I don't know how many of you know, but it's national jerk your neighbor off week, so...."

"Rape isn't funny. Unless it's Elmer Fudd and Bugs Bunny. Then I guess it'd be funny." That might have been "kinky," though, as someone else posted.

Maynard was mic'd a bit low, but that's a minor complaint. Plus I got there late and missed Trans Am, but that's noone's fault but the babysitter's.

I got some pretty decent pictures, I'll post them tomorrow.

I agree that the stage set up for this show killed the August 2006 show. I was on the floor then, and until the lasers came up, I couldn't see anything. This time, I was elevated, and in addition to the four screens behind the band, there were two giant screens on either side displaying the projections, plus a backdrop that went all the way up.

Last edited by Sprry75; 11-25-2007 at 07:01 PM..
Old 11-25-2007, 12:12 PM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 24 Salt Lake City, UT E Center

FOAD, emericus, and eat shit all the way back to NC.

I thought it was a great show. I was in section 113, and the crowd was fantastic. It was my fifth time seeing them, and I'm glad they came through "Salt...Lake... City..." again, as I was a bit unimpressed with the August 29, 2006 show. Wings 1&2 live were phenomenal, and the laser show/interlude preceding Wings was really cool

Jambi's a great opener; Flood sounded great live (never really liked that song until last night), and Rosetta Stoned was absolutely killer. I like that song on the CD, but live, it opens up so much more. The entire band seemed in great spirits. There was much more interaction this time than any of the other times I've seen them. People who have seen multiple shows on this tour have bitched about the setlist, bit it's SOOO much better than what they played last time (although I would've liked to hear "The Pot" again), I loved it. All around, a solid 9/10.

That's my third time seeing them at the E Center (fifth overall), once was for the July Lateralus show, and I had GA and was about five feet from the stage security trench, and the sound was awesome, if deafening. The next was last year's August show, and I was row 22 on the floor. That sound then was a little muggy. This time, I was up on Adam's side on row 17, and the sound was incredible. There were times that Maynard's voice was a little drowned out by the music at its loudest. I think that with the E Center, like a lot of larger venues, the sound is different depending on where you are.

A few of the comments I remember...

"Salt...Lake...City...it's been awhile."

"I don't know how many of you know, but it's national jerk your neighbor off week, so...."

"Rape isn't funny. Unless it's Elmer Fudd and Bugs Bunny. Then I guess it'd be funny." That might have been "kinky," though, as someone else posted.

Maynard was mic'd a bit low, but that's a minor complaint. Plus I got there late and missed Trans Am, but that's noone's fault but the babysitter's.

I got some pretty decent pictures, I'll post them tomorrow.

I agree that the stage set up for this show killed the August 2006 show. I was on the floor then, and until the lasers came up, I couldn't see anything. This time, I was elevated, and in addition to the four screens behind the band, there were two giant screens on either side displaying the projections, plus a backdrop that went all the way up.

Last edited by Sprry75; 11-25-2007 at 07:01 PM..
OFFLINE |