View Single Post
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
05-07-2006, 01:15 AM

The song is about Maynards mother and her suffering, but being such a good person nonetheless. He shows his love and apprecciation for everything that she did. "Give me my wings" is so awesome lyrically, because it's Maynard's way to say that she was an angel all the time (word play I guess) and now she has got the right to have her "wings" along with the ability to move. Maybe Maynard in the past was bad to her because of her religion but now he is accepting it or something like that. Nonetheless, the title is also refering to something anybody said, I read it at Wikipedia, but it seems like they've taken it out.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:15 AM   #67
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60
Re: "10000 days in the fire is long enough..."

The song is about Maynards mother and her suffering, but being such a good person nonetheless. He shows his love and apprecciation for everything that she did. "Give me my wings" is so awesome lyrically, because it's Maynard's way to say that she was an angel all the time (word play I guess) and now she has got the right to have her "wings" along with the ability to move. Maybe Maynard in the past was bad to her because of her religion but now he is accepting it or something like that. Nonetheless, the title is also refering to something anybody said, I read it at Wikipedia, but it seems like they've taken it out.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote