View Single Post
Mojogypsy
01-25-2012, 02:01 PM

This was my 5th or 6th show and although they started a little "off", I was worried that's how the whole show was going to be b/c the guitar was drowning out Maynard's voice and he was using the voice box a bit much & they just weren't in sync at first. However, they certainly pulled it together and it ended up being an amazing show regardless of any little hiccups.

As always, Tool puts on an amazing visual show, it was mind blowing! Danny Carey was flawless as usual, that man is absolutely amazing!! I haven't read many people mentioning the drum solo, I'd like to know who came on stage to play w/Danny. Maynard was def a man of few words last night, so I missed who it was, but either way the drum solo was AMAZING & def worth mentioning!!!

The opening bands were ok, but I wish Tool would eliminate opening bands & play for hours, as I'm sure most wish. Intronaut had a good sound but both bands had that death metal scream and it was a bit much. In fact, if Intronaut eliminated the dealth metal scream, I'd probably like them more. Huntington Center was much smaller venue then the Palace in Michigan, so that was a pleasant surprise, b/c the seats were good in a smaller venue. Overall, great show, as always, Tool is an amazing band that I hope to see more of in the future!!! I hope they add a Detroit show b/c I would def go see them again in my hometown!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.24.2012 - Toledo, OH @ Huntington Centre

This was my 5th or 6th show and although they started a little "off", I was worried that's how the whole show was going to be b/c the guitar was drowning out Maynard's voice and he was using the voice box a bit much & they just weren't in sync at first. However, they certainly pulled it together and it ended up being an amazing show regardless of any little hiccups.

As always, Tool puts on an amazing visual show, it was mind blowing! Danny Carey was flawless as usual, that man is absolutely amazing!! I haven't read many people mentioning the drum solo, I'd like to know who came on stage to play w/Danny. Maynard was def a man of few words last night, so I missed who it was, but either way the drum solo was AMAZING & def worth mentioning!!!

The opening bands were ok, but I wish Tool would eliminate opening bands & play for hours, as I'm sure most wish. Intronaut had a good sound but both bands had that death metal scream and it was a bit much. In fact, if Intronaut eliminated the dealth metal scream, I'd probably like them more. Huntington Center was much smaller venue then the Palace in Michigan, so that was a pleasant surprise, b/c the seats were good in a smaller venue. Overall, great show, as always, Tool is an amazing band that I hope to see more of in the future!!! I hope they add a Detroit show b/c I would def go see them again in my hometown!!!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote