View Single Post
Old 03-20-2004, 11:59 AM   #66
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9
Re: i know the subliminal message...

I just thought I'd take about fifteen seconds to point at the YES, most (if not all) of the members of TOOL speak French.

They are all students of the mysteries surrounding Berenger Sauniere in Rennes-Le-Chateau, France. I know, at least, that Danny speaks a little French. Maynard probably does as well because he is heavily into wine and vineyard culture (which is predominantly French).

And, as for the religious overtones of the allegedly French translation....

I *do* speak French. Regardless of whether the words are in the song (I don't have the equipment to try finding it myself), the translation is spot on.

Further, think about it in the broader TOOL-esque context. What makes saying that so outside of the ordinary for the TOOL boys? He needs Jesus in the sense that he needs something to fight against. Jesus needs him in the sense that without people to convert, the life of Jesus becomes meaningless...

I'm just offering suggestions. You can think for yourself and figure out what it all means for yourself. Although I do recommend that anyone that has audio of that passage post it somewhere public so that it can be independtly verified.

Man.... threads like this are why it took me six and a half years to finally register for an account....